Wilkinson Question

marthur

So I've got a wilkinson trem on my strat. I just set it up so that it was flush to the body instead of floating.  Do I screw the studs in all the way so that the baseplate is completely flush to the body and then use the saddles to adjust for the proper string height OR do I keep the baseplate at sort of and find a happy medium between using the studs and saddles to adjust for string height? Hopefully I explained that well enough.

From what you describe it sounds like you DONT want it floating, right? You want it flush with the body, right?

In that case, I would say to screw in the studs so that the baseplate is flat/flush.

In the event that the saddles don't have enough height adjustment to give you good action, I would screw out those studs a little, raising the front of the baseplate and giving it a bit of an angle. This will probably mean you'll need to tighten the tension springs in the trem cavity to keep the back end of the plate down, preventing it from floating.

Yeah, I dont want it floating. The saddles not going high enough was my main concern. Ill probably try that and see how it goes.

if the saddles dont give enough adjustment you can shim the front of the neck just a bit.

Back