Why is my neck pickup cavity routed like this?

O

Orange Tortex

Why is that neck pocket hole there?

Attachments

• 6FBDA5C5-E90D-4009-940F-88C77DFF2A2E.png
    6FBDA5C5-E90D-4009-940F-88C77DFF2A2E.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 257
In order to run the pickup lead wire from one pickup cavity to the next, you need a hole.  The hole in question was made when the previously mentioned hole was drilled.  Kinda hard to do it any other way  :)

Mayfly said:
In order to run the pickup lead wire from one pickup cavity to the next, you need a hole.  The hole in question was made when the previously mentioned hole was drilled.  Kinda hard to do it any other way  :)
Someone else said the neck pocket hole is there because of the wire hole, like you said. But the wire hole on this body is drilled on the side of the cavity, not towards the bridge.
Can you see the picture? I’m not sure if I posted it correctly.

Big W does wire channels strait to the control cavity. so you gotta go diagonal from the neck pocket. yea i guess some builders go from neck to bridge to control cavity but its just a decision you gotta make and they go more direct.

it's like when I was at the video store. do I rent devil wears Prada, again? or do I finally get around to seeing Sophie's choice?

Its what I call your classic difficult decision.

BroccoliRob said:
it's like when I was at the video store. do I rent devil wears Prada, again? or do I finally get around to seeing Sophie's choice?

One might even call it a...Sophie's choice.

Oh wait....um....SPOILER ALERT! SPOILER ALERT!

(Did I do that right?)

The Aaron said:
BroccoliRob said:

One might even call it a...Sophie's choice.

Oh wait....um....SPOILER ALERT! SPOILER ALERT!

(Did I do that right?)

perhaps i will understand this once i have seen the movie

BroccoliRob said:
perhaps i will understand this once i have seen the movie

The term "a Sophie's choice" has a become a common colloquialism used to describe any situation where someone must make a very difficult choice between two equally good or bad options.

6tSNHSl.jpg

just #teasing! still luv u

You can drill the wire hole without drilling through the neck pocket.

As long as you have trained termites.

Back