Why cant you put a Floyd Rose on a Telecaster Deluxe?

guitar130

Why cant you put a Floyd Rose on a Telecaster Deluxe?

Im planing on putting together a guitar with a Telecaster Deluxe body. I would like a Floyd Rose if possible, but i noticed that when you click on "Bridge Routing" at warmoth.com is says "*Not Available on Tele® Deluxe!" Just wondering why. Thanks

The bridge pickup rout on the the Deluxe is too close to where the stud mount holes would be. (Or vice versa.)  You could encounter structural issues.

Wyliee said:
The bridge pickup rout on the the Deluxe is too close to where the stud mount holes would be. (Or vice versa.)  You could encounter structural issues.
I've often wondered this myself... :icon_scratch:    What if I wanted a tele deluxe with just regular hum routes, shouldn't be any issues then..

GoDrex said:
dbw said:
Because ew.

yeah you've got Doug disease and it's a sad and tragic condition :laughing7:
Hey, hey, hey, just because I can think outside the box.....
blahblah.gif

I think it's a fantabulous idea, and it looks freakin' awesome too...... :icon_thumright:

DangerousR6 said:

no... you only think inside the box - the box called put a Floyd on everything no matter how ridiculous. :doh:

GoDrex said:
DangerousR6 said:

no... you only think inside the box - the box called put a Floyd on everything no matter how ridiculous. :doh:
It's kinda like a Ritz cracker, everythings better with a Floyd... :headbang1:

DangerousR6 said:
Wyliee said:
I've often wondered this myself... :icon_scratch:     What if I wanted a tele deluxe with just regular hum routes, shouldn't be any issues then..

The only routing pattern available on the deluxe is the one you see on the site.  Fender Humbuckers in neck and bridge only.

DangerousR6 said:
GoDrex said:
DangerousR6 said:

actually Floyds are bad for tone  - just ask EVH

GoDrex said:
DangerousR6 said:
GoDrex said:
DangerousR6 said:

actually Floyds are bad for tone  - just ask EVH

Huh?  :icon_scratch:

GP: Going back to your guitars, have you built any new ones?

EVH: Yeah, I was just getting to that. I had a mahogany body made by Boogie Bodies.

GP: Strat-style?

EVH: Yeah. It fits me, because I'm small. It just feels good on me. I had it made like 2" thick, which is thicker than a Les Paul.

GP: For the sound?

EVH: Yeah, because it's got a Floyd Rose tailpiece on it, which gets such a thin sound. I thought that maybe if I got a chunky piece of wood, it would make up for the tinkiness of the sound. But...well, it works a little bit.
---------------------------------

EVH ...I like the sound I get out of a normal old Fender tremolo. The only thing I don't like about the Floyd thing - it's a great idea, you can go crazy with the bar - but it sounds real brittle-bright. I don't know what kind of metal he uses, but I have to do some heavy equalization to get a tone out of it. That's why I don't use it in the studio.

from how long ago is that interview?
must be early 80s!

Maybe FR improved on their tremblocks, because the ones I have on my heartfields do not suck tone at all!
in fact, they sustain forever!

yeah it's old.

every guitar with a floyd I've tried has sounded much brighter than guitars with a TOM, for example. tone and sustain are not the same thing, to me anyway.

anyway - even if it's true or not - Doug's shtick about a floyd on everything is getting a tad old. I have nothing against them at all, in fact I want a guitar with one, but come on already. :icon_scratch:

I think doug is great.  :laughing7:

BUT, I have no floyds and don't plan on having any, any time soon.

I have no problem with Doug, but I can instantly predict when he'll pop into a thread with "it needs a Floyd." After 100 times it loses something, for me anyway.

GoDrex said:
yeah it's old.

every guitar with a floyd I've tried has sounded much brighter than guitars with a TOM, for example. tone and sustain are not the same thing, to me anyway.

anyway - even if it's true or not - Doug's shtick about a floyd on everything is getting a tad old. I have nothing against them at all, in fact I want a guitar with one, but come on already. :icon_scratch:
Then don't read the threads about Floyds.... :icon_thumright:

GoDrex said:
I have no problem with Doug, but I can instantly predict when he'll pop into a thread with "it needs a Floyd." After 100 times it loses something, for me anyway.
I have guitars without Floyds, and I like them just as much. But I like Floyds better.....That's just me... :dontknow:

Back