Why can't Warmoth offer the Meadowhawk headstock as an option?

Joe1166

Some people may want the option of a 3x3 headstock where the strings do not angle off the nut. Why not offer the Meadowhawk headstock neck as an option?
Also, why isn't the Meadowhawk body offered as an option? Is the Meadowhawk design owned by Warmoth?

Last edited:
The Snakehead neck may meet your needs.

As for the Meadowhawk:

Historically, Warmoth is a parts company, and does not sell complete guitars. Its primary business has been Fender-licensed designs. The Meadowhawk is a departure from its usual business model in that it embodies complete original designs by Warmoth that are not intended to replicate or evoke other axes in the marketplace. My guess would be that it has not been determined by Warmoth's excellent marketing and business folks that it would be profitable to tool up and program Meadowhawk bodies for mass release. Instead, they have only put Meadowhawks up as limited releases at a premium price. Perhaps our buddy Aaron can weigh in with more detail, but that's how it looks to this lone hobbyist in Southern Nevada.

Already discussed in various threads.

Making it a standard offering is a long-term plan. We probably will at some point, but not sure when. Also, the plan as I've been told is that the standard offering will have the normal square heel, and the AANJ will be reserved for limited runs. This way the body will be compatible with all the other necks we offer.

"Some people" may want it, of course. But, they have to think enough people will buy them to justify adding it to their offerings. There are LOTS retired body styles in the Warmoth database, offering up every one of them would not be profitable. They could probably make 3 basic Strat necks in the time it takes to make one oddball neck.

But, the one thing I've learned since buying my first Warmoth neck in 1990, the chances of them telling you "yes" to a non-standard option is in direct correlation to how well the economy is doing. Even though we're going through a post-covid hangover, the neck I received last week took 3 months to complete so they're still pretty busy in Puyallup

I agree, Warmoth really needs to offer a clean, modern 3x3 headstock like the Meadowhawk's as a standard option.

The Snakehead is hideous and far too niche. The "Warmoth" and "Vortex" shapes are practically the same, although the "Warmoth" shape suffers from looking a bit stubby and truncated IMO.

The Meadowhawk's headstock design is very neutral and could play very well with MOST body shapes!

In fact, it wouldn't be a bad idea to simply replace the outdated "Warmoth" shape with the "Meadowhawk", since they are attempting to achieve the same thing (straight pull, offset tuners) and the "Vortex" is already a more elegant version of the general "Warmoth" shape anyway.

Have you contacted customer service to see if it's available off-menu?
It's a no-go according to the first customer service rep I spoke with. He suggested it's because the Meadowhawk necks are not built to "Fender specs", which I think is a pretty lame excuse, but I'm pretty used to getting "NO" as an answer to most of my requests to Warmoth, LOL!

EDIT: Another rep I spoke to said it IS available as a non-menu option. I'm going to try and place and order for one...we'll see!

Last edited:
It's a no-go according to the first customer service rep I spoke with. He suggested it's because the Meadowhawk necks are not built to "Fender specs", which I think is a pretty lame excuse, but I'm pretty used to getting "NO" as an answer to most of my requests to Warmoth, LOL!

EDIT: Another rep I spoke to said it IS available as a non-menu option. I'm going to try and place and order for one...we'll see!
There was a gap when the Meadowhawk was only programmed to be made with the non-Fender compliant heel, which would make it only compatible with the Meadowhawk body. It is now available with the Fender heel, so that's why it's available now. :)

Back