Why can't a paddle headstock neck be roasted?

HMstratocaster

Why can't a maple paddle headstock neck be roasted? I know why Warmoth won't finish the neck. That's obvious, but why not roasted?

As I understand roasted maple, the wood stock is roasted before it's made into necks and fretboards. Warmoth does not roast the necks, the maple is roasted before it arrives to be made into necks.

Please correct me if I am incorrect.

anorakDan said:
As I understand roasted maple, the wood stock is roasted before it's made into necks and fretboards. Warmoth does not roast the necks, the maple is roasted before it arrives to be made into necks.

Please correct me if I am incorrect.

You are 100% correct. I just noticed that in the neck customizer options on the paddle necks roasted maple is not an option. I guess you'll probably just have to ask for this option over the phone. I just thought I'd ask if anyone knew if they'd say no.  :headbang:

IDK, but I wonder if the blanks they get are not wide enough for that big plank on the end. Tiltback paddles can be ordered in roasted maple (where the headstock is a separate piece). It's not just roasted maple that's missing from the list of wood options.

It's also not available on the slapshot neck, which is probably the only other straight neck that would need a fair bit of extra width.

Right. As far as paddleheads go, it's the straight headstocks that they don't seem to offer in anything besides Mahogany and figured Maple. The tiltbacks have all the usual available options. Doesn't make sense. Maybe it's just a programming oversight in the builder? Either that, or it's a communist plot to rid the world of straight headstocks made of exotic or engineered woods. I'd call them, just to hear what kind of filthy lies they have prepared to explain this inexcusable behavior.

Back