Whoa! That's what you call spalt!

djf67

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Spalted-Burl-MAPLE-5-16-set-SUPERB-COLOR-CONTRASTS-2334_W0QQitemZ190296642717QQ

2334.jpg

DON'T BUY IT BUGGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:p
Ok, I confess, I'm watching it on ebay :sad: You can have it
icon_cry.gif

Fossilized dino turds? Looks like something you'd see in a museum in New Mexico or something. To each his own, right!

I think it's cool looking in a natural history museum kind of way, but the different colors are kind of odd. 

Due to the multitude of structural defects, we can only recommend this set to the experienced builder, aware of the problems associated with filing / stabilizing / hardening such material.
Not for me, then.....
NT, you can have it!

djf67 said:
Due to the multitude of structural defects, we can only recommend this set to the experienced builder, aware of the problems associated with filing / stabilizing / hardening such material.
Not for me, then.....
NT, you can have it!

No experienced builder here :sad:
But a damn "porra-loka" one :laughing7 (means ütter-crazy)
but I'm not with much money by now...

.... :eek: I friggen love this wood. Dont really know why, but it made my jaw drop. I would buy it and have someone like Ormsby build me a guitar out of it (ormsby is an australian luthier, check out his work, its absolutely incredible, best I have ever seen by a private luthier, www.ormsbyguitars.com...also cool, he has documentaries on almost all his builds, wow this is a long description hahaha.) Sorry about that haha.

the tops from Fine Woods are usually pretty spectacular, I got my spalted from them, it's amazing stuff.... :icon_thumright:
2567081504_4a828fe6b0_o.jpg

2753562925_75eba727b0_o.jpg

I like a little spalt (a la ^ tele) but too much looks.........like its rotting because of  fungus, which it is

Back