Who do you wish you could have seen play live...??

Bob Marley for sure. I don't smoke so I don't think it would be a truly epic concert experiance in that sense but I have loved his music since I was 8 years old and now I am 40. Side not I am taking my dad to see BB King in Dec so that should be cool to see a legend before it is too late

Bob would have been good.  I think I would have liked to see just about everyone who was touring from '74 to about '79.  Heard some Rory shows from late 70s that sounded like he tore it up.

A younger version of me would have liked to have seen Stevie Ray Vaughan.  I had tickets to see him back in 89 but my Army base went on alert, so that was cancelled.

The Cavern-era Beatles.

Jimi : Monterey Pop Festival 1967 : Burning Stratocaster during Wild Thing : I was one. Don't think they would have let me in, unfortunately.

Massive Attack.

Even had the tickets to see them, this year, but no. AJ Madda, the ****** fat, ****** bogan **** decided to cancel the festival because he couldn't do his job properly, then proceeded to simultaneously **** up the return of Australia's most sought after return festival, Homebake, because he stole their usual venue, then cancelled at the most inconvenient moment that meant Homebake couldn't change the venue back to it's usual one, so they had to cancel, too.

Chances are Massive Attack won't return to Australia this year, nor in the next 10 years.

I'm sad and angry.

In terms of a band that has actually passed. Cog. Ah, the soothing Australian heavy prog rock melodies.

I think it would've been neat to hear all of the Baroque, Classical, and Romantic era pieces performed during those composers lifetimes.  I've wondered how much they stressed certain things that don't quite translate to transcription.

I also think it would be nice to have a Robert Johnson recording with a more modern technique.  Those recordings, the quality, is such a turnoff, but there's something there otherwise he wouldn't have influenced so many and had his songs covered to the point that people don't even know those are Robert Johnson songs.

Pink Floyd, Dokken (original lineup with George Lynch), Metallica with Cliff Burton and Van Halen with DLR.

anorakDan said:
Little Feat with Lowell George.

Great choice!!!
I don't hear much talk about Little Feat any more, but I saw them 6 or 7 times back in their day with Lowell George.
Not certain exactly what type of music I would label them with; southern blues rockish type, but man they could definitely rock the joint  :guitaristgif:
:rock-on:

Black Dog said:
anorakDan said:
Little Feat with Lowell George.

Great choice!!!
I don't hear much talk about Little Feat any more, but I saw them 6 or 7 times back in their day with Lowell George.
Not certain exactly what type of music I would label them with; southern blues rockish type, but man they could definitely rock the joint  :guitaristgif:
:rock-on:

Thanks, Black Dog. You're lucky to have seen him play. Gods, what a slide player! I would tell friends Little Feat was a funky, soulful California boogie band. Best I could some up with. Then I'd play them Waiting for Columbus and they'd understand. Great band!

anorakDan said:
Then I'd play them Waiting for Columbus and they'd understand. Great band!

Man if anyone here hasn't heard Waiting For Columbus, that's REQUIRED listening!

My pick: Roy Buchanan.

There are many of them, but I will call this one out as I had tickets but ended up not being able to go.
Pink Floyd

Had to travel to address a risk management issue. People were asking for all sorts of mercy (IE: not to be arrested). I told them no chance as they caused me to miss Floyd.

AutoBat said:
ThtOthrPrsn said:
According to toolband.com they're working on new material, which usually means a new album, which usually means a tour.

I saw them twice during the Lateralus tour! Amazing show musically and visually! I highly recommend them! I can't wait to hear some new material from them!

Back