Who Dat?

did he? i had never looked up his contract, just figured it was the same deal as the Jets'.  :icon_biggrin:

now A.P. just has to walk around with a football under his arm for the rest of the offseason, and they'll be set.

I'm surprised Favre could walk by the 4q there, not surprised he had a 'Favre moment' after getting his bell rung all game.
Crazy game, Vikes really outplayed Saints, but if you can't hold onto the ball you shouldn't be out there. Some great plays, lots of slop.

Superlizard said:
Bah!

3 biggest plays of the game:

- the freebie rushing TD for the Saints (Pierre Thomas)
- Favre, instead of running, tosses an INT in the last seconds of regular time (WTFOVERBBQ?)
- OT coin toss (shoulda called TAILS!  "tails never fails")

What a crazy game.
Ha, I told ya....No Viks to the bowl..... :laughing11:

even in a loss though, Farve showed why he's one of the best all time, and will one day be in the hall of fame.

Who Dat, Indeed? 

Don't worry, 'Nando, OnStar doesn't speak Coonass either:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb9bsy0DOR0

Superlizard said:
JaySwear said:
really wanted to see favre in one last superbowl. i'm (pretty) sure this is his last season  :icon_biggrin:  but who knows. he's like michael jordan at this point. retiring all the time. AWESOME game either way.

He signed a 2 year contract, so one more season.

Warner signed a 2 year last year and I don't think he's coming back - was Favres front-loaded as well?  As a Cards fan, I'm happy to see the Saints through - even though they smacked us around. As a franchise, they have a history almost as bad as we do.  And I couldn't stand another 2 weeks of Favre love from ESPN...

And I love watching Peyton Manning play so I'm really going to enjoy this Super Bowl.

dbw said:
Vikings game FAIL.  Saints played dirty, too...

if by playing dirty you mean however much they paid the refs, i completely agree

some terrible calls (ghost touchdown, ghost 1st down dive by thomas, the "trapped" catch, favre getting hit in the back of the legs and not getting a roughing the passer [new rule this year, after tom brady's hit last year]). it's sad that there were so many plays missed and that may have determined the outcome, but it was an awesome game either way. both teams were pretty deserving, and i would even go so far as to say the super bowl itself might not even be as exciting.

JaySwear said:
dbw said:
Vikings game FAIL.  Saints played dirty, too...

if by playing dirty you mean however much they paid the refs, i completely agree

some terrible calls (ghost touchdown, ghost 1st down dive by thomas, the "trapped" catch, favre getting hit in the back of the legs and not getting a roughing the passer [new rule this year, after tom brady's hit last year]). it's sad that there were so many plays missed and that may have determined the outcome, but it was an awesome game either way. both teams were pretty deserving, and i would even go so far as to say the super bowl itself might not even be as exciting.
blah.gif

There are always blown calls, it's always blah blah, right Dangerous. Unless you can say for certain that X bad call changed the outcome of a game, in other words the outcome would have definitely been different had the call been correct, just save yer breath. The worst call of the game, of the year probably, was Favre's "decision" to throw across his body to a covered receiver instead of hobbling upfield for an easy 7-8 yards and a very make-able field goal to win the game in regulation. But he's gotta be a hero, doesn't he.  :icon_scratch:

DangerousR6 said:

true, but as a neutral fan i really just wanted to see who i thought were the two most exciting teams still in the playoffs slug it out. isn't that what that game was all about? like i said, a deserving team went to the superbowl, but it's always unfortunate to have so many big decisions made by refs, and not by either team. just my thoughts.

EDIT: and as for the "bad decision" by favre. i can't believe there's more publicity on that than on the good defense by the saints. just goes to show, people can't think of a single good thing to say after big games. never "___ won because of," but "___ lost because of..." favre's in such a lose / lose situation. to throw was a bad decision, but how far do you think he would have gotten with his bad ankle? impossible to say, but thats why they play the games. thats how it ended, and thats all there is to it.

Sure, Favre screwed the pooch with that late INT in regular time.

However, even if he did run it (say 8 yards), it still would have been a ~50 yard FG attempt.  Not a guarantee for a win by any count.

But the bottom line is thus:

The game went into overtime... "0-0" score, start all over, clean the slate.

Everything prior to OT... didn't matter anymore - brand new game here.

The Saints got the coin toss, they got the ball and they got 3 BS homecookin' calls by the refs to keep their drive alive:

1. Bad spot on a 4th and 1.

2. Pass interference on a ball 10 feet over the receivers head.

3. Non-reversal of a trapped completion.

...then boot the 40 yarder FG.

That's actually how the Saints won.  All those fumbles and INTs on the Vikes behalf (pre OT, mind you) just kept the Saints *in* the game, not win it.

i agree. the 4th down was a bad spot, but the "pass interference" was just plain ridiculous.

and this might be my love for the college rule, but i would love to see a college-style overtime in the pro's.  :icon_biggrin:  this game is a perfect example of why that would be so great; since the two teams matched eachother in points throughout the entire game.

We agree there - pro style overtime is really dumb, win a coin toss and you're a field goal away from the win.

Back