Who Dat?

Starting some smack talk, SL?  :glasses9:

Thought you lived in AZ - are you a bandwagon Vikes fan now that dem saints blew your little birdies off the field?
I'm not a fan of either team really but I think it'll be a fantastic game.

General Patton loves the Vikings:

Now, I want you to remember that no bastard ever won an NFC Championship by getting injured for his team. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard get injured for his team. Men, all this stuff you’ve heard about the Vikings not advancing to the Super Bowl, wanting to end their season and take a head coaching job in Buffalo, is a lot of horse dung. Vikings traditionally love playing in the Super Bowl. All real Viking fans love the thought of appearance number five. When you were kids, you all admired the Purple People Eaters, Chuck Foreman, Fran Tarkenton, and Bud Grant. Vikings fans love a winner and will not tolerate a loss!!  Vikings play to win all the time. I wouldn’t give a hoot in hell for a Vikings player who lost and laughed. That’s why the Vikings have never lost and will never lose to the Saints in the playoffs. Because the very thought of losing is hateful to the Vikings.

Now, the Vikings are a football team. It blocks, runs, passes and tackles as a team. This individuality stuff is a bunch of crap...except for Brett Favre every once in awhile. The bilious bastards who wrote that stuff about individuality for ESPN don’t know anything more about real football than they do about fornicating.

We have the finest players and scheme, the best spirit and the best men in the NFL. You know, by God I actually pity those poor bastards we’re going up against. By God, I do. We’re not just going to block the bastards, we’re going to run them into the ground and score at will. We’re going to pound those lousy bastards for four quarters.

Now, some of you fans, I know, are wondering whether or not you'll chicken out during the game and lose faith. Don't worry about it. I can assure you that you will all do your duty. Nachos and Barbeque are the enemy. Wade into them!! Spill that cheesedip!! Take Tums for your belly. When you put your hand into a bunch of goo that a moment before was your best friend's cheese quesadilla dip, you'll know what to do.

Now there’s another thing I want you to remember. I don’t want to get any messages saying that we are going three and out. We’re not going three and out the whole game. Let the Fleuer do that. We are advancing constantly and we’re not interested in holding onto anything except the enemy. We're going to hold onto him by the nose and we're going to kick him in the ass. We're going to kick the hell out of him all the time and we're gonna go through him like crap through a goose!!

There’s one thing that you men will be able to say when you get back home. And you may thank God for it. Thirty years from now when you’re sitting around your fireside with your grandson on your knee and he asks you how the Minnesota Vikings did in the 2009 NFC Championship, you won’t have to say, "Well, they played like s**t in Louisiana."

Alright now, you sons-of-b**ches, you know how I feel. Oh, and I will be proud to lead you wonderful guys down to Miami. 

That’s all.

:laughing7:
                                                                                                                                                     :icon_scratch:

tfarny said:

Thought you lived in AZ - are you a bandwagon Vikes fan now that dem saints blew your little birdies off the field?
I'm not a fan of either team really but I think it'll be a fantastic game.

I was born in D.C. (Walter Reed).

I lived in MN from '70-'91 and '93-'99.

Been in AZ '91-'93 and here since '99.

Bled purple since '83.

tfarny said:

Kinda sounds like it 
slap.gif

Cold...  :laughing7:

Wana's made a guitar said:

He he, kinda like the "Da Vinci Code" to us foreigners eh Wana?  :icon_thumright: :help:

OzziePete said:

He he, kinda like the "Da Vinci Code" to us foreigners eh Wana?  :icon_thumright: :help:

Oi!  :icon_jokercolor:

It's football... of the American pigskin variety.  My team's kicking... *ahem* arse.  :icon_biggrin:

OzziePete said:
Yeah - I don't get any of this stuff.  Is this the game where most of the players stand on the sideline?  I also thought Conan was a movie  :laughing11:

OzziePete said:

Indeed.  :laughing7:

I have been a Vikes fan since Fran Tarkenton was scrambling around or handing off to Chuck Foreman. Purple People Eaters on defense and all that. Almost kinda sad really.

I'm not particularly a fan of either team but I think this is going to be the best game this year. The Saints when they're clicking are a sight to behold. If any of you ferners want to see the game at its best, tune in Sunday 5:40 pm GMT -6.

????

The guy on TV just said the "who dat?" is very normal talk from Saints... Couldn't understand less :laughing7:
Anybody explain to me?

really wanted to see favre in one last superbowl. i'm (pretty) sure this is his last season  :icon_biggrin:  but who knows. he's like michael jordan at this point. retiring all the time. AWESOME game either way.

Bah!

4 biggest plays of the game:

- the freebie rushing TD for the Saints (Pierre Thomas)
- Favre, instead of running, tosses an INT in the last seconds of regular time (WTFOVERBBQ?)
- OT coin toss (shoulda called TAILS!  "tails never fails")
- 3 Homecookin' calls by the refs in OT to keep NO drive alive

What a crazy game.

JaySwear said:
really wanted to see favre in one last superbowl. i'm (pretty) sure this is his last season  :icon_biggrin:  but who knows. he's like michael jordan at this point. retiring all the time. AWESOME game either way.

He signed a 2 year contract, so one more season.

Back