White Stratocaster build

Rick said:
When possible I get necks with out the overhang.  Otherwise I gotta take the neck off . Might be a trick I don’t know about.

Yeah, sadly that isn't an option on the short-scale Gibson conversion necks. Then again, tinkering with the electronics shouldn't really be something you do every day, so it's probably going to be fine :)

Cagey said:
Occasional neck removal is a good argument for threaded inserts and machine screws for attachment. Makes short work of it, without deteriorating the screw holes.

I was thinking about threaded inserts earlier. Not sure if I could find them locally or with reasonable shipping costs (Finland), and not sure where I could find a luthier that would be willing to install those (and what it would cost... €€ or €€€).

Attachments

• RNI-Films-IMG-971124F3-743B-4842-BA70-E0B5724806E6.jpg
    RNI-Films-IMG-971124F3-743B-4842-BA70-E0B5724806E6.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 19
Too bad you're in Finland. I do that to just about every neck that goes through here for nothing if I'm already doing fretwork/setups (it makes the whole job easier for me), or $25 from scratch including the hardware. The hardware isn't expensive, and the job isn't difficult at all given the right parts/tools. Look around a bit locally. You might be surprised.

:bananaguitar:

It sings!

Assembled it today at Helsinki Hacklab. Lovely people around there, who were happy to help ❤️

Tiny adjusting and tweaking is still needed, from bridge saddles and string height to neck truss rod adjustment and fret lacquer removal. I also need to revisit my treble bleed mod, considering the volume knob is not functioning right  :laughing7:

Attachments

• RNI-Films-IMG-6746A256-8058-4F22-97BA-17F1B672CFFB.jpg
    RNI-Films-IMG-6746A256-8058-4F22-97BA-17F1B672CFFB.jpg
    803.2 KB · Views: 36
Back