• guitar with hum/sing/hum, zebra's.

Votes: 12 48.0%

• Total voters

Orpheo

this one?

02042008027.jpg

or this one?

IMG_1551.jpg

meh, im not a fan of zebra humbuckers....or creme colored stuff for that matter........it always looks to me like it was white to begin with, but then somebody spilled coffee on it.

First!

EDIT: Hummm I think it get over-dark look... perhaps gold hardware ou just change mounting rings would help it...

I may take heat for it
but I like zebra pups most of the time
and plus
I would probably also go HSH
before I go HHH
but the joke of the whole thing
is that you have em BOTH
:blob7:

so props to YOU, orpheo
cuz I HAVE seen all those LP's of yours
:guitaristgif:
incredible

I like the zebra one more, but it would be better without the single coil.

This is a trick - these are before-and-after. You DON'T own TWO purple quilt 3-pup wilkie trem warmoth LPs!!!!! I don't even think Jack has that much GAS!
I'm not a purple quilt guy or a trem-on-LP guy. Follow your heart, young guitar builder. Modify away!

tfarny said:
This is a trick - these are before-and-after. You DON'T own TWO purple quilt 3-pup wilkie trem warmoth LPs!!!!! I don't even think Jack has that much GAS!
I'm not a purple quilt guy or a trem-on-LP guy. Follow your heart, young guitar builder. Modify away!

I am fairly sure Orpheo has another purple quilt trem-on-lp warmoth..:) there's the one with the nekked girlie inlay, and the one with the crosses inlay!

*edit: now I think of it, this may actually not be a warmoth.. isn't this the homebuilt lp by Fred?

Holy crap those are fugly!  I guess opinions vary.  I'm sure many of you find my preferences (classic sonic blue strat, as well as sweet natural finishes) to be yucky.

m4rk0 said:
tfarny said:

I am fairly sure Orpheo has another purple quilt trem-on-lp warmoth..:) there's the one with the nekked girlie inlay, and the one with the crosses inlay!

*edit: now I think of it, this may actually not be a warmoth.. isn't this the homebuilt lp by Fred?

this is not a home made 'fred' les paul, but a real warmoth. fred only did the inlay.

and, oh yeah, I also have this purple flame les paul:

100_0499.jpg

just too lazy to look up a pic with the guitar alone, haha

Ok Orpheo

I need to see how you crammed two twin-blade sigle coil sized humbuckers into one full sized humbucker ring. Common...quit teasing me pics would be great!

Brian

i like the none-more-black approach of the first one. i'm also not so big on the cream rings/gold speed knobs

btw, nice rack you got there

:headbang1:

guitar rack that is

You know orpheo to be honest, it just looks kind of hacked up. I'm SURE than when you become insanely famous, Warmoth will offer a reliced replica of that thing for 25,000 USD, but right now I gotta say it looks like a hacked-up purple LP. With GREAT inlays. I like your gold sparkly one, or that gorgeous Koa top, if you put a gold HB in the center that would be the mmmmm...

Personally, I love his tastes! A lot like my own...

I also dig HHH Les pauls..

Great choice!

@tfarny: yes, this guitar has been modified and 'hacked up' quite alot. I drilled some holes for switches and pots, and also, I made the 3rd humbucker-slot. so, indeed, it has been 'hacked up' a bit ;) but I like it, and its one of my favorite guitars :)

about the pickup: its just a bit of a puzzle, I dont have pics of the thing right now.

ok i'm confused, all 3 pics are routed for the lp switch and the strat switch, they are all purple, they all have the same inlays, the same bridge, same quilt paterns in the top, quit jacking with us, it's all the same guitar, and the hum,p-90,hum must be the most recent version.
i like it with the cream and the single coil by the way, the extra holes and switches make it look like a hack job, i love that koa lp though! great colection

Ya, in looking at the quilt pattern, that is the same guitar - with different pickup/control complements.  The whole things screams "hair metal" to me, which just ain't my bag, but to each his own!

chuck7 said:
Ya, in looking at the quilt pattern, that is the same guitar - with different pickup/control complements.  The whole things screams "hair metal" to me, which just ain't my bag, but to each his own!

its that open hole that makes it look a bit off, I know. I hate that one too, but thats a relic from the stratstyle control. Can't help it.

the thing that makes it scream 'hair metal' is I guess the sick inlay and the purple+elaborate top. but this guitar is now my most versatile guitar in terms of styles and sounds. motherbuckers with coiltap and a les paul style 3 way switch when they're humbuckers and a stratstyle 5 way switch for when they're singelcoil (with the prails in the middle of the 5 way and a toggle to make it 'on' in all positions, and an on/off/on switch to make it a humbucker or choose the coils).

this one had to be over the top, and it is. i wanted a piezo and synth, but it didnt fit. now I'm gonna save up for a Godin LGXT, put in a sustainer and the steve morse wiring, AND a new neck!

Back