Which EMG's for a bass?

dennq

:help:

I ordered my Hollow J Bass routed for EMG pickups. Body Wenge with Beeswing Bubinga top. Neck will be Bubinga with a Ziricote board.

I have Bartolini's in my 5 string Ibanez so I opted for the EMG's. Wanted a different sound.

Question...Does anyone have some experience with EMG pickups in a Bass. I will need to order them soon and need some help  in choosing the right ones. I play all styles of music but more rock than anything.  :help:                :help:

dennq said:
:help:

I ordered my Hollow J Bass routed for EMG pickups. Body Wenge with Beeswing Bubinga top. Neck will be Bubinga with a Ziricote board.

I have Bartolini's in my 5 string Ibanez so I opted for the EMG's. Wanted a different sound.

Question...Does anyone have some experience with EMG pickups in a Bass. I will need to order them soon and need some help  in choosing the right ones. I play all styles of music but more rock than anything.  :help:                :help:

Boy, that that wood sounds exotic...what kind of finish are you going with?  As for the pickup question: I was considering EMG pickups myself for a P-Bass build I am planning.  See them at the link below. I like the idea of no soldering with EMG's, just plug in the connector. I myself would like to know if they are true to the authentic P-Bass sound.

http://www.emginc.com/displayproducts.asp?section=Bass&categoryid=23

not a fan of the sterile EMG sound, myself. maybe if I was stuck on that early 80's sound I'd have a different opinion

I am a huge fan of Nordstrands, and the P-bass pickup (NP4) absolutely kills live and in the studio. It has the proper balance of lows to suppliment the mids without ever getting lost in the mix. if you're going to build the ultimate P-bass, you'd be selling yourself short not to include a NP4 as your pickup of choice

I like these so much that it's the only P-bass pickup I use in my new builds and customizations. and to date, all of my customers are in total agreement once they have opportunity to hear these for themselves

all the best,

R

Back