Where are all the SCREAMING HOT DEAL LPs??

dmraco

Master Member
Seems like there is an over abundance of STRAT bodies in the "DEALS" section...where are all the LPs?  I am too cheap to pay full price!!!!! :laughing8: :laughing8:

Some of the LPs in the showcase have already been reduced pretty significantly.

seems kind of unfair...this LP is $455
LPC112A.jpg

This strat with a nice quilt is $195
S2289A.jpg

Sure the mahogany on the LP is worth something....but not $260!!! :dontknow:

This might not fully explain the difference, but in comparison with the Strat, the LP requires:

1. Carved top
2. Body routing prior to attaching the top
3. Beveled edge (meaning double router pass) on rear control and toggle switch routes

In addition, the quilted Strat pictured is very limited in it's appeal. The quilt is quite interesting... uh, which means "irregular" or "ugly" to many people. Other more "normal" looking quilt maple on alder Strats in the showcase are slightly more expensive. On the other hand, the LP has fairly tight curly / flame figure.

Yeah that is SICK flame on that LP.  Plus flame like that is even rarer in a carved top because the wood has to be so thick.

The strat on the other hand is just an alder body with a top that I'd generously describe as "unusual quilt".

callaway said:
This might not fully explain the difference, but in comparison with the Strat, the LP requires:

1. Carved top
2. Body routing prior to attaching the top
3. Beveled edge (meaning double router pass) on rear control and toggle switch routes

In addition, the quilted Strat pictured is very limited in it's appeal. The quilt is quite interesting... uh, which means "irregular" or "ugly" to many people. Other more "normal" looking quilt maple on alder Strats in the showcase are slightly more expensive. On the other hand, the LP has fairly tight curly / flame figure.

I guess I see your point...the Lps may be more expensive to produce...I guess I am just looking for another deal like this one...less than 200 for the body...probably becuase off the odd controll placement...

I do however really like the quilting on the strat...kinds has a spalted look...could be killer in the right hands!!

dmraco said:
I do however really like the quilting on the strat...kinds has a spalted look...could be killer in the right hands!!
I agree could be bad ass in the right hands, but it's a wild maple, no spalt in it.. :dontknow:

How can you guys possibly NOT see the woman in a dress with puffy sleeves and enormous breasts in the top of that Strat? All you have to do is start a religion worshipping women with enormous breasts, and that thing'd be a shrine....

S2289A.jpg

Of course she has a head like a praying mantis and curly horns, but spirituality is no hobby for the squeamish, my friends.

I don't like the apparent "face" on the bottom part of that Strat. Anything that looks like it has eyes or worse---a full eyes and weird mouth like this one---is totally not for me! Although, I guess the bridge route would take care of it. You'd also have to think about the pickguard covering part of the face, so you wouldn't have the symmetry going on. If it was rear-routed, the symmetry of the odd quilt might be passable, but I'm having trouble seeing the useful beauty in this case  :).

It is for someone though, and I hope whoever gets it loves it!

stubhead said:
How can you guys possibly NOT see the woman in a dress with puffy sleeves and enormous breasts in the top of that Strat? All you have to do is start a religion worshipping women with enormous breasts, and that thing'd be a shrine....

S2289A.jpg

Of course she has a head like a praying mantis and curly horns, but spirituality is no hobby for the squeamish, my friends.
rofl.gif

callaway said:
I don't like the apparent "face" on the bottom part of that Strat. Anything that looks like it has eyes or worse---a full eyes and weird mouth like this one---is totally not for me!

Well, this one definitely isn't for you, then...  :icon_biggrin:

PT1007A.jpg

It is really tempting...I think the bridge would cover up that mantis face...I really like it but promised myself my next one would be a LP since I gave the green one to my son.

I think the price difference is demand based.  The VIPs are not priced as expensively and they have a lot of the exact same stuff.  Nothing wrong with it, I just think that people looking to buy LP bodies from them are willing to spend a lot more.

RLW said:
Well, this one definitely isn't for you, then...  :icon_biggrin:

PT1007A.jpg

Quit freakin' me out! I must have drank from the wrong cup or something...

The more I see them, the less I'm beginning to like dyed book matched tops.  It makes for a mirror symetry when there wouldn't normally be one, and the dye makes them jump out.  I know it's a sign of quality, but that's just me I guess.  It's like some of these PRSs.  They are so damn pretty it's distracting.

i gotta say, i always jump on the screming deals just to look for LPs. for me, even a flat top, top-routed poplar LP for $200, would take preference on my "to buy" list over a nicely quilted/flamed strat at the same price. for some reason i just plain don't like strats. i know HEAPS of people do, so im not trying to offend. i just don't personally find them appealing  :dontknow:

an LP just screams "rock" to me. i would buy the crappest LP body and just spray it a solid colour.

same with a v. a cheap v on the screamin deals would be absolutely raped by my credit card if i saw it (now where is that emoticon that shows me salivating...)

for me, I have a strat, soloist, tele, and a peavey strat knock off...it is time for a LP.

The LP section kinda suffers the last month, I see bodies going but no bodies coming in. Gregg already mentioned they are going to increase the price on carved top bodies so I'm guessing the next ones will be even more expensive. I also think LP bodies are expensive but the company decides for the price. What I like to ask, since the LP bodies are always so few, is not to route (all) the bodies. I don't remember a P90 routed in the showcase or a LP body with different than the standard routing for controls and bridge. I know Warmoth relies a lot to the Fender based people, those who will not make a guitar but will buy a replacement body or neck for their Fender, but since the LP is not a Fender they can be more creative. I have seen a WLP with solid color, tremolo and HSS and it looked great as I'm sure will sound great. I know the private order is the answer to my request but it wouldn't hurt to leave some bodies unrouted, especially the LP which is the most expensive body shape.

Back