When is the next GOTM

Updown

Anyone know if there is a GOTM for February  :dontknow:

Or do we get to see Max's guitar all year  :icon_jokercolor:

Just wondering  :icon_scratch:

That's a good question.  The possibility has been raised of giving the GOTM a bit of a rest for a while.  Overall participation has been down.

Has it run its course?  Do we need more new participants?  Are you still interested?

I say have one and have it an open format.  Anything that contains and body or neck that came from Warmoth.

I'd submit mine (won't win but don't care if I do or not).

Jcurl02 said:
I say have one and have it an open format.  Anything that contains and body or neck that came from Warmoth.

I'd submit mine (won't win but don't care if I do or not).

+1

I am new to Warmoth, and I'll complete my guitar within the next few days hopefully. I would enter mine into GOTM if there was a contest.

Wyliee said:
That's a good question.  The possibility has been raised of giving the GOTM a bit of a rest for a while.  Overall participation has been down.
Has it run its course?  Do we need more new participants?  Are you still interested?

I'm still interested. If nothing else, it was a good way to concentrate people's work where you might find it again without having to review 150 threads.

If it needs administration, I'll do it. I don't sleep much anyway. May as well do something useful rather than watch reruns on Adult Swim all night.

Figures they would cut it of when I finally get it done. :)

A surprising amount, as it turns out. But, it really has gotten to be too much. For a group of shows such as ATHF, Squidbillies, Metalocalypse, etc. to be shown 20-30 times a week, they need to make more than 10 or 15 episodes a year. I mean, they're only 10 minutes long and the animation is practically a slide show. Doesn't seem like production costs should be any kind of stumbling block.

Cagey said:
Wyliee said:

I'm still interested. If nothing else, it was a good way to concentrate people's work where you might find it again without having to review 150 threads.

If it needs administration, I'll do it. I don't sleep much anyway. May as well do something useful rather than watch reruns on Adult Swim all night.

I like Squidbillies, but the show that comes on after it irritates me shitless.
And that Tim and Eric's Awesome Show, or whatever it's called, looks like something for hyperactive children with short attention spans and low IQs. Actually, just about everything on that network is like that. :dontknow:

The open format is a great idea, I think. Not only do you allow a bigger audience in for which ever months you do this, but it also shows off the creations of customers. Also, when I was first looking at Warmoth and lurking here, the GOTM really helped me figure out what I want. How different woods actually look on a Strat, how they work out on an LP, a bass, etc.

Definitely add the open formal at some point.

I still think that it having its own section decreases peoples interest.  There are a lot of people who browse the general discussion section only.

One big pot is fine - the only real reason for categories is keep competition fair, and this isn't competition. It's internet pub chitchat. The only prize is the satisfaction of seeing pixels arranged in a pattern that makes you believe that your creation was selected by a anonymous strangers on internet that you believe are real people. It's ironic and sad, but it actually has less real world impact than Chinese prison laborers forced to play World of Warcraft to sell their in game wares for real world money.

I really enjoy the GOTM.  It is a good place to see some nice work.  A little recognition for a job well done is always appreciated.  Please keep it going.

Danuda said:
I still think that it having its own section decreases peoples interest.  There are a lot of people who browse the general discussion section only.

That's when I stopped following it. I keep seeing a new GOTM photo each month and thinking "Oops, missed the voting on that again this month"

The strat I put together a bit over a year ago is starting to look broken in now, maybe I should enter it again. A (very) mild relic finish done the old school way!  :headbang:

Wyliee said:

Hey Wyliee ... I kind of thought GOTM was actually good for Warmoth business, in a way.

Plus it's a good time when you get to see so many different ideas / builds / designs, together.

We all know theres nothing in it for winning, But … there must be for Warmoth I believe.

Lets see now  :icon_scratch: The Zebranator wasn't it …… well I remember what showed up in the showcase after that.
Necks and Bodies similar to it.
Plus I'm sure there are others too.
Al thou Cutie Pie deserves a win sometime, I reckon, as there is that colour of choice now  :icon_thumright:

I'm sure GOTM was something that gave others idea's & dreams ........ Did for me  :icon_biggrin:

Danuda said:

+2

Liked it better when it was in General Discussion.

although my current build will be a bit quirky to be.a.GOM, I would still like to see it. I think mayne movi.g it back to general cat will help. I noticed popularity dropped when we gave it a catergory.

Back