What warmouth neck and back shape approaches a charvel model 1 neck?

graphite

I want a neck from Warmouth that approximates or is equivalent to
the "feel" of a Charvel Neck.  The Charvel necks have this feel to them..
If you measure some necks like for instance I have a Predator,
you find that all the dimensions that are easy
to measure... width.. and center depth of the neck  are the same
as a Jackson... except if you pick up a jackson and play it...
the neck feels different in your hand.

The only thing I can deduce, is that there is a subtle difference
in the back shape.. but it's hard to see by eye.

Can any one help me figure out what neck at Warmouth is most like
a charvel/Jackson neck? I don't care what the neck looks like..
I just want the feel of that neck... :laughing3:

- Brett

well... take calipers, measure the necks, and look which neck has the same dimensions, or as close as can be. i think, the standard thin is quite the neck for you. its a d-shaped neck, not too thick, not too thin...

Standard Thin
D shaped you say....
Okay.. Charvel necks are not "taper radiused" true?
So I should get a standard Thin with a non tapered radiused fret board...

1. What was the radius of those necks for use with a floyd Rosed  anyone know?

2. Any idea what the Frets were on Charve/Jackson.. typical?
I was thinking medium Jumbo..

WARMOTH  I dropped the u!

-Brett

The wizard is almost identical to my Charvel Model 3.  Fret size is close to a 6205 but that is more user preference.

sounds good,

I'll look into the wizard neck...
Charvels did not have tapered radiuses correct?

- Brett

graphite said:
sounds good,

I'll look into the wizard neck...
Charvels did not have tapered radiuses correct?

- Brett

I thinks they have a taper but the it is slightly different than the Warmoth.  A was more concerned about the thinkness.

hi,

i own a usa made jacskon soloist and a kelly.
if you are into jackson you`ll know the difference between the speed neck on the kelly and the normal jackson neck on the soloist.
i can say that the standard thin is quite close to them (a little bit rounder but still as confortable) and think that the wizard will be too flat at the back (as ibanez guitars).

trust me i love jackson guitars and i`m really happy with how my standard thin feels.

eiopago said:
hi,

if you are into jackson you`ll know the difference between the speed neck on the kelly and the normal jackson neck on the soloist.
i can say that the standard thin is quite close to them (a little bit rounder but still as confortable) and think that the wizard will be too flat at the back (as ibanez guitars).

trust me i love jackson guitars and i`m really happy with how my standard thin feels.

I agree with you when it comes to Jackson.  They are close to the standard thin.  However the Charvel necks, at least the one on mine, is much thinner that flatter than the standard thin.  I took measurements at both the 1st fret and 12th and they are identical to the wizard.  I also looked at the dimention on the Charvel website and they match up as well.

Another thing to consider is most Jacksons come with a 1 3/4 nut, charvels have 1 11/16, this is the most common.  G&Ls have a smaller 1 5/8...just for a point of refference.

dmraco said:
eiopago said:
hi,

I agree with you when it comes to Jackson.  They are close to the standard thin.  However the Charvel necks, at least the one on mine, is much thinner that flatter than the standard thin.  I took measurements at both the 1st fret and 12th and they are identical to the wizard.  I also looked at the dimention on the Charvel website and they match up as well.

Another thing to consider is most Jacksons come with a 1 3/4 nut, charvels have 1 11/16, this is the most common.  G&Ls have a smaller 1 5/8...just for a point of refference.
All my Jackson's have a 1 11/16" nut...But they are wayyyyyyyy thinner than the Warmoth standard thin. Probably as you say closer to the wizard, I'm not for sure tho, I've  never put a finger around a wizard neck from Warmoth...

DangerousR6 said:
dmraco said:
eiopago said:
hi,

All my Jackson's have a 1 11/16" nut...But they are wayyyyyyyy thinner than the Warmoth standard thin. Probably as you say closer to the wizard, I'm not for sure tho, I've  never put a finger around a wizard neck from Warmoth...

The PS-4 neck is noticably thinner than that on the USA Soloist.  The standard thin is very similar to the USA Soloist neck.  My guess is that the PS-4 neck would be very similar to the wizard profile.

Back