What is your favorite Tele bridge pickup?

The only thing with the Quarter Pounder is that I wish it came stacked with a dummy coil as it can get a bit noisy, but man is that pickup a beast in a Strat or Tele!
I agree, I do have two Strat QP's Flat neither tapped. I dig their sound in basswood, but not so much in alder IMO.

I don’t have a ton of time on different pickups, but I currently have two teles, one with a Lollar ‘52 and one with a Lollar Special. I love them both.

Another vote for Cavalier pickups. I replaced the stock pickups in my Tele with a Lion set and I couldn't be happier.

I am a big fan of the Fender Texas Special Tele Bridge. I also have used the "shinkicker" from Tone Hatch pickups.

I recently have needed some noiseless pickups for a gig where the noise through traditional single coils is overpowering. I swapped my Tele over to a DiMarzio Area Hot T instead of the Texas Special and it has the same type of character.

Anybody looking into the new Fender cobalt chrome Tele pickups? I have a Tele build in the pipeline (ordered body and neck in early March, so probably looking at sometime in June), and have been researching pickups. Current favorites are the Fralin split blade noiseless in the Blues Output configuration, but I’m also looking at the Bill Lawrence Tele sets, and now Fender has these new cobalt chromes…decisions, decisions!

Currently my fav is the Wilde Becky and Shannon Lawrence TL-48T twin blade. Does it all no noise.

They’re all good, but heres how I’d rank the pickups I’ve owned in order of likelihood of me buying another one:
  1. Don Mare 2-Speed StangRay
  2. Fender 51 Nocaster
  3. Fender Pure Vintage 64
  4. Duncan Broadcaster
  5. DiMarzio Area T
  6. G&L small MFD

Back