What is your Day Job?

K

kreig

I'm a forklift driving,warehouseman in floorcovering and previously in printing. we move approx. $Million in products a month .

The neatest thing has been that I've brought my gear in the warehouse a couple of times to play REALLY LOUD ! ! !

Shhhhhhh! it's a secret . :icon_thumright:

Retired tax collector. before that...

Miniature golf course attendant (Peter Pan Golf Course, Galveston TX. I was Tinkerbell...)
Railroad rail worker (second hardest work ever)
Delivering pianos/organs
Janitor
Stockboy
Bellhop/Room service waiter/anything at the Flagship Hotel that would make me a buck. Literally, anything. You don't want to know...
Carpet layer (hardest work I ever did)
Concrete silo cleaner outer (Literally, Hell on Earth. I no longer fear death after doing this.)
Pizza cook
Bellhop (again)
Delivery driver (license plates)
Tax collector

At various times during the past 35 years I was a pharmaceutical (sp?) distributor, but it's seldom included on my resume'.

I get to follow-up at customer sites after the sales guys have received their bonuses, so I guess my job has me hanging as a professional whapping thingy

here's an image of my typical day at work (me being the one all strung up)

Girl_with_pinata.gif

those who've met me in a work context know that I ofetn introduce myself as the company pin~ata  :icon_jokercolor:

all the best,

R

i sell business shirts
good job cos i get to slack off all the time and i work with a bunch of champion like minded slackers

RLW said:
Bellhop/Room service waiter/anything at the Flagship Hotel that would make me a buck. Literally, anything. You don't want to know...
You know we WANT  :evil4:

I'm operator in a petroleum refinary... before it I did a trainne thing on a toolmaker cooperative

Work at a commercial printing prepress trade shop as a production coordinator, and sometimes Photoshop color operator.  Much of the work has a "swoosh" on it.  Several apparel clients, lots  of ad agencies, color retouching and page layout work of various product catalogs, etc.  Fringe benefit of every now & then being offered product lines from our client's at or below dealer cost.  Yesterday I was eyeballing a model 1911 45 ACP that retails for around $700 that I could pick up for around $399.  Have had similar opportunities with optics/binoculars, shoes, etc.  Mostly, it's a thankless, high-stress industry though.  I'm constantly under the gun to get some project done a day before it's feasible.

I think we've done this thread before.  I work as a UNIX hacker for a software company.

dbw said:
I think we've done this thread before.  I work as a UNIX hacker for a software company.

We did; here's the link so we don't have to do it again: http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=1755.0

I've been a puppet, a pauper, a pirate,
A poet, a pawn and a king.
I've been up and down and over and out
And I know one thing:
Each time I find myself, flat on my face,
I pick myself up and get back in the race.

--- Sinatra

(edited)
oops there's another thread... my bad

Back