NAALE19/23CKD

BigSteve22

So, as a follow up to my previously posted "NG19D", allow me to present "NAALE19/23CKD" ("New Advantage Arms  LE19/23 Conversion Kit Day")! If you've never seen one, here's a look:
i6SXZwC.jpg

( http://www.advantagearms.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=AASOS&Category_Code=GLK )

This kit consists of a complete upper, one magazine, and a mag loader, and allows a Glock 19/23 to shoot 22LR rounds instead of 9mm. Now, some may ask why that would be advantageous, and the answer is simple: Practice, practice, practice! The more you practice, the better you'll shoot. And the best results come when you practice with the same platform you normally carry. For me, that means a 9mm, Glock 19.

Unfortunately, any decent 9mm ammunition is going to cost you somewhere in the neighborhood of at least $20/100. So, if you want to shoot a few hundred rounds over the course of an afternoon, it'll cost you around $60. Do this 4 or 5 times a month, and you could easily end up $300 in the hole. That is, unless, you can shoot something less expensive, like 22's... Good, high quality, high velocity, 22LR rounds, (like the CCI "Mini-Mags" recommended by the manufacturer), cost about $5-$6 a hundred, making an afternoon's practice cost less than $20, meaning you could easily recoup the cost of the kit, (~$250-$275), in the first couple of months!

The shooting experience isn't exactly the same as shooting 9mm, but it's pretty damned close. The slide is aluminum instead of steel, making it considerably lighter. Add to that the low weight of the frame, and the high velocity rounds, and you have a 22 that cycles the action with enough authority make you feel the muzzle lift with each shot. Trigger pull is essentially the same, (remember it's still the same G19 trigger, trigger bar, trigger spring, and connector), but just a smidge lighter due to the lighter striker spring.

And if you think the standard Glock is accurate, take a look at this:
kyOGy60.jpg

I took my G19 and the kit to the range today, and believe it or not, that's 20 rounds at 15 yards! This was slow fire, (but still less than 60 seconds for the 20 rounds), and the "flyer" is still in the 10 ring! To say I'm impressed, would be a massive understatement! (I mean, this is the first time I've ever taken the time to take a picture of a target!) Rear sight is fully adjustable, and that group was shot after about 15 minutes of dialing in. It's got a standard Glock rear dovetail and front ellipse, so you can mount any standard sight that'll mount to a Glock.

Anyway, I bought an extra mag when I bought the kit, and I'm so impressed with the performance, I just ordered 3 more. (Living in the People's Republic of NY, we can only have 10rnd mags. Thanks Comrade Andy!) Looks like I'll be doing even more shooting than I thought!
:headbang:

Great idea ... for just a little more than the price of a movie ticket you get a lot of entertainment.

Pretty cool, there are conversions for 1911 to a .22 also, for the same purpose, low cost plunking/practice..

I have a conversion barrel for my Walther P99 from a .40 from a .357SIG. Only change was the barrel, the mags and slide are still the original. The .357 is a truncated .40 cal.

DangerousR6 said:
Only change was the barrel...
And the cost! Dude, you're supposed to save $$! .357Sig's are way more expensive than .40S&W's, least ways around my neighborhood....

BigSteve22 said:
DangerousR6 said:
Only change was the barrel...
And the cost! Dude, you're supposed to save $$! .357Sig's are way more expensive than .40S&W's, least ways around my neighborhood....
Haha, it was only for novelty purposes. Only shot it as a SIG a hand full of times, as you said, it was too expensive... :icon_biggrin:

I'm surprised 22LRs will even cycle the thing. That's pretty cool!

What a cool conversion. It's nice to know such a thing is available at an affordable price.

Cagey said:
I'm surprised 22LRs will even cycle the thing. That's pretty cool!
Yeah, right? It's a complete upper assembly, designed to work with a Glock lower, so the recoil spring is calibrated for the reduced powder charge of the 22's and the reduced weight of the aluminum slide. Manufacturer is right out front about it not functioning properly with the wrong ammo. They say to use high-speed, but not hyper-speed, rounds and no hollow points. Recommended ammo for this particular kit is 40 grain CCI Mini-Mag round nose, but definitely not CCI Stingers. Using the Mini-Mag's, I had 1 failure-to-feed out of 100 rounds. It was the last round in the mag, during the first or second run through, and that may have been my own fault. I picked up 1000 rounds for future sessions.  :icon_thumright:

Rgand said:
What a cool conversion. It's nice to know such a thing is available at an affordable price.
I've only been out with it once, but if you have a Glock, it's definitely worth looking into.

DangerousR6 said:
Pretty cool, there are conversions for 1911 to a .22 also, for the same purpose, low cost plunking/practice..

Plinking with the 22LR. Plunking is what you're doing with 45ACP.

swarfrat said:
DangerousR6 said:

Damn son, what do you carry, a .50AE? You must live in an open carry state, 'cause a Desert Eagle 50 weighs around 4.5lbs, and you ain't hiding that!
latest

HeII, I won't even carry my S&W .357. :toothy12:

BigSteve22 said:
swarfrat said:
DangerousR6 said:

Damn son, what do you carry, a .50AE? You must live in an open carry state, 'cause a Desert Eagle 50 weighs around 4.5lbs, and you ain't hiding that!
latest

HeII, I won't even carry my S&W .357. :toothy12:
LOL, yes Texas is an open carry state, and 9 outa 10 times I'll have my Kahr PM45. ...
48772781618_5471e7d0c2_b.jpg

Back