What is the best way to ground a tele bridge

TRG

Doing my first build everything i've read talks about running a ground to the bridge. whats the best way to attach it? same deal with the neck pick up cover good thing this sites here i have lots of questions thanks for the help

it's not totally needed, telecaster bridge pickups have an iron backplate that is coper plated, the screws will ground it. but for some extra security you can strip about 3/4 inches of wire and sandwich it between the bridge and the body, this is how most hard tail bridges are grounded. the other end of the wire can be soldered to the back plat on the bridge or run through the pickup cavity and into the control cavity and soldered to the back of a pot.

Note that you'll need to dremel/file through the finish on the back side of the bridge to get the solder to stick

oops i meant solder to the backplate of the bridge pickup, solder isn't really need on the bridge, it will be plenty secure sandwhiched between the body, but if you did want to solder to it jack is absolutely right.

now obviously if you have something other than a fender telecaster style pickup it might not have the iron plate. so you may have to run the wire into the control cavity and to the back of a pot.

"oops i meant solder to the backplate of the bridge pickup, solder isn't really need on the bridge, it will be plenty secure sandwhiched between the body"

Regardless of whether you solder or sandwich it, if you don't dremel/file the finish off, you probably won't get a proper ground, that's been my experience with black/gold/chrome bridge parts

Back