What is it about strats?

The Strat 0wnz0rs you all.

That70sCaster1.jpg

I spent what is (to me) big money to get a "real" Les Paul Standard. And it was beautiful.

But then. . . I put the thing in my lap to play it. It was large and heavy, and all sharp edges and awkwardness. . . compared to my strat and tele.

The rounded edges and contours. . . make all the difference.

That said, the LP sound is legendary and unique. So are the sounds of strats and teles. We should all have multiples of each!

Bot for comfort of playing, IMO there is no comparison.

buckallred said:
I spent what is (to me) big money to get a "real" Les Paul Standard. And it was beautiful.

But then. . . I put the thing in my lap to play it. It was large and heavy, and all sharp edges and awkwardness. . . compared to my strat and tele.

The rounded edges and contours. . . make all the difference.

That said, the LP sound is legendary and unique. So are the sounds of strats and teles. We should all have multiples of each!

Bot for comfort of playing, IMO there is no comparison.
After that picture... I don't want you to talk about comfort :p That was a very uncomforting moment...

When I first started playing guitar, I loved that fat humbucking sound out of a Lester.  Then I discovered Jackson Soloists (very Strat-like in shape).  Once I found out that I could do an HSS or HH in a Strat body, deal closed.  Especially considering the modern compound radius necks and the ability to mount a Floyd.

Death by Uberschall said:
MY EYES, MY EYES!!!!  :sad:

Hey, is that a picture of Rosanne Barr???  :icon_jokercolor: :toothy12: :icon_jokercolor:

With a goatee?  :icon_jokercolor:

DocNrock said:

Hey, is that a picture of Rosanne Barr???  :icon_jokercolor: :toothy12: :icon_jokercolor:

With a goatee?   :icon_jokercolor:

Well, I was trying to be nice and not point that out!!!  I'm sure she can't help it!!! :toothy12:

DocNrock said:

Well, I was trying to be nice and not point that out!!!  I'm sure she can't help it!!! :toothy12:

Schick!

DocNrock said:
DocNrock said:

Schick!

Sweet Mary, Mother of Jesus; what is going down here?  :sad: :toothy11: :sad:

spauldingrules said:
Sorry for starting this thread a really long time ago - I had no idea it would come to this.  My bad.

Bull. You planned this all out. You bastard. Grrr.

(lifts up his gut)

Hey! Whaddya know! My old pedalboard!

Anybody want to buy a slightly used pedalboard? The belly button cheese gives the pedals a real ballsy sound.

Back