What happened?

Warmoth Guitar Products Our web services provider has suffered a fire and our website is currently down.  - that was yesterday from facebook

Yesterday was interesting to say the least.... there was an electrical fire up in Seattle that knocked out our service provider.... here is a local story:

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/49873927.html

Death by Uberschall said:
I think Warmoth needs a "Fire Sale"!!  :icon_jokercolor:

I was thinking the same thing, but was concerned people would think the bodies and necks were damaged.......

So.... what sort of stimulus would get you guys going crazy on the showcase??  Free/discounted shipping or a discount on showcase items.  C'mon, what would it take to put on your drool bib and pull out the wallet?  :evil4:

1 piece Mahogany back/flame maple top Soloist, HxH wood mount, rear route, hard tail, Jungle Burst, 24 fret maple neck, ebony board, ss6100, no inlays, strat headstock with matching flame and finish, black back on body and neck. Got one laying around anywhere?  :icon_jokercolor:

more exotic necks in the screaming deals!! :)
but please wait until I am a little less poor than I am right now...

Cheaper prices!  In all seriousness, my business is way down, and I had to lower prices myself.  I'm just trying to hold steady until the economy turns around.  I need a tele body, and $175 for the cheapest unfinished body and $285 for the cheaper painted ones is too much.  There should be $129 unfinished ugly ones and a few $229 finished polar bodies.

smavridis said:
discount if you buy a neck AND body.

Free neck with purchase of body! :icon_biggrin:

Well, it was a fun sentence to type, even if it will never happen.

Discounts are the way to go. My landlord just offered me 15% cheaper rent if I re-up the lease. Maybe Warmoth needs to offer 'top customer' pricing for a limited time - 2 or more orders in the past year entitles you to 20% off a showcase neck and body? That might help move some higher end product for sure. For the more mass market stuff, free nut installs or free SS frets might be a nice touch. Those things are not expensive for you guys to do.

i might not have a job (or much money to spend for that matter) but i would snatch this in a heartbeat if i got a discount.  "JM63"

Wyliee said:
Death by Uberschall said:
I think Warmoth needs a "Fire Sale"!!  :icon_jokercolor:

I was thinking the same thing, but was concerned people would think the bodies and necks were damaged.......

So.... what sort of stimulus would get you guys going crazy on the showcase??  Free/discounted shipping or a discount on showcase items.  C'mon, what would it take to put on your drool bib and pull out the wallet?  :evil4:

A configurator in the non showcase new bodies section  :icon_thumright:

I know I know its coming  :)

I agree with most people here,  more exotic woods or MOP is not the answer, you guys have all that already.

But some creative discounts would be nice, ie previous returning customers, or whatever.  I just bought a new mustang GT, almost $10,000 below sticker, this car has everything. There's a lot of business in this country dropping prices to survive.

Heres an Idea for you, check out QVC or one of them TV shopping channels, they all have these easy payment plans where they bill your credit card 4 equal monthly payments, I almost hope you dont do this one, that would make it way to easy to pull the trigger on a few things.

By the way I work in construction, and lately it's been a week on a week off, so it's tough all arround.

line6man said:
smavridis said:
discount if you buy a neck AND body.

Free neck with purchase of body! :icon_biggrin:

Well, it was a fun sentence to type, even if it will never happen.

FREE BODY WITH PURCHASE OF PICKGUARD  :icon_thumright:

FREE  NECK WITH NECKPLATE  :icon_jokercolor:

tfarny said:
Maybe Warmoth needs to offer 'top customer' pricing for a limited time - 2 or more orders in the past year entitles you to 20% off a showcase neck and body? That might help move some higher end product for sure. For the more mass market stuff, free nut installs or free SS frets might be a nice touch. Those things are not expensive for you guys to do.
I was thinking the same thing, money talks in this economy.  How about a "Customer Appreciation Blowout" instead of "Fire Sale".  "Warmoth knows that times are tough all over.  Just because times are tough, doesn't mean that you have to miss out on a perfect showcase piece that may be gone tomorrow.  Go ahead and buy that piece of your dream guitar, we'll make it easier on you!"

On Topic: I certainly hope nobody got cheap in the maintenance or construction of that server farm.  However, it would be indicative of the state of things recently.   :sad:

Alfang said:
But some creative discounts would be nice, ie previous returning customers, or whatever.  I just bought a new mustang GT, almost $10,000 below sticker, this car has everything. There's a lot of business in this country dropping prices to survive.

Heres an Idea for you, check out QVC or one of them TV shopping channels, they all have these easy payment plans where they bill your credit card 4 equal monthly payments, I almost hope you dont do this one, that would make it way to easy to pull the trigger on a few things.

This would make purchases much easier!  I am seeing this type of option on more and more products these days.  :hello2:

What would it take?

How about a discount - irrespective of what is purchased (sale item or full price doesn't matter) - for forum members.
Mods that work at Warmoth could check the email address for confirmation of membership on this forum. 5 or 10% perhaps, for those who have made over 100 posts in the last 6 months?

Just my 2c..........

In my case, what it would take is for me to stop having to fork out serious $$ on car repairs or having to get work done around my home that I can't do myself (like tree lopping!). I've been that close to getting anew project up and running so many times in recent months and karma always has bitten first with a reality check like a car needing major repairs or now, a tree that has grown too big and needs some professional attention.

I have about 5 projects in my head, but do need at least to get one going soon (which is my Strat renovation project).

BTW, I was wondering what had happened to the Warmoth site and this forum yesterday.  :icon_scratch:

Just accepted it as busy internet traffic on you Independence Day. :cool01:

Back