What happened?

>Free/discounted shipping or a discount on showcase items.

both? :)

btw is there any point in time in the year when warmoth does a "sale"?

likewise with sales on thanksgivingday, christmas etc - like other shops/manufacturers?

bbl4ck said:
Kublai said:
I don't like the idea of someone spamming posts just to get a discount.

+1  :icon_thumright:
Not cool...

True, it would be hard to police. But still, some recognition of your involvement with this forum and your enthusiasm for their products perhaps.

Mind you, to contradict myself, this IS an UNOFFICIAL forum. :icon_scratch:

They measure your enthusiasm by the amount of dollars you send them. I would think.

Kublai said:
They measure your enthusiasm by the amount of dollars you send them. I would think.

True, so true, but you have the $$ in the first place to spend. Reality (and the expenditure that it brings with a thud) has bitten a few times in recent months.  :sad:

Have $$'s give me discount before i dont have $$'s and dont buy anything at all.

???

They do this on the SD forums to some degree.  They are able to get in on a "group deal" so long as they're registered before a certain date.  The date seems to be the date of the post, or one day prior to the announcement.  In their case, its a short run of a certain custom pickup.

OzziePete said:
What would it take?

How about a discount - irrespective of what is purchased (sale item or full price doesn't matter) - for forum members.
Mods that work at Warmoth could check the email address for confirmation of membership on this forum. 5 or 10% perhaps, for those who have made over 100 posts in the last 6 months?

Just my 2c..........
If that were the case, this forum would be destroyed. But it's be awesome for the first few days! :icon_biggrin:

Also - what's been asked for a million times before - ACCEPT PAYPAL!!  If I sell something on ebay and have money in my account, it's not even real money so I'm more likely to spend it - it's "found" money>    :tard:

OzziePete said:
BTW, I was wondering what had happened to the Warmoth site and this forum yesterday.  :icon_scratch:

Late Thursday night our hosting company experienced a fire in their main electrical vault.  Apparently their backup generators are also in this area.  Due to the fire, all electricity to the building was cut off.  It took until very early Saturday morning to have full power back to the building.  This is one of the largest data centers in the pacific northwest and it impacted thousand of companies.  This was essentially a 'perfect storm' style scenario.

Back