What happened to Warmoth reviews?

wayfaerer

Earlier this month I submitted a 3-star review on Warmoth's site for one of their products. After a week or two passed, I checked and the review wasn't live yet. I started to wonder if Warmoth just filters out any non-positive reviews, and was rather disappointed at the thought.

I decided to leave a 5-star review for a different product of theirs that I was fully satisfied with, curious to see if that one would go live. A legitimate review, of course, but not one I would have thought to write under normal circumstances. Anyways, that was several days ago, and still, neither review is live. The good news is that it doesn't seem like Warmoth is ignoring negative reviews only—which would be awfully sketchy—but rather all reviews.

But now I'm left wondering: What's going on here? Reviews are really important, at least to me. They give customers a voice. It's a bummer to me that so few of their products have reviews on their site, even though they obviously have a sizeable user base and what appears to be a functioning review system in place.

Reviews themselves are subject to review. That is, all reviews invite us to suspend judgement until "facts" are presented, then draw our own conclusions. Kinda forces us to be a bit skeptical. We're all a bit slavish to "confirmation bias", so depending on our own experiences we may positively or negatively view those "facts" as true or false, often regardless of reality. It's what makes politics and religion such volatile subjects. As a result, we often simply avoid saying anything at all. Let others draw their own conclusions, until we get together and get drunk enough to remove all the filters...

I'm not aware of any policies or practices at Warmoth regarding publication of such reports, but my experience has been that they're fairly pragmatic. In other words, since with musicians we're largely dealing with artistic or dogmatic issues, they have to walk a pretty blurry line between perception and reality. It's a tough one to navigate, since they want to make everyone happy in order to further their own interest, which is to trade their time/skills for yours (read: money/goods). I think most businesses try to do this, and their ability to do so is the difference between success/failure.

If I remember correctly, reviews have to be approved before they show up on the site. And as we close in on cutting over to the new site, approving the incoming reviews has not been a priority. I think this is probably why they aren't showing up. On the new site there wont be reviews, so it won't be an issue.

Is there an estimated date for the new website? Not in a hurry at all, just curious to see what it comes with :)

The goal is by the end of April. It's the culmination of four years of work, and I can't wait to be looking at it in the rear-view mirror.

It's going to have a new look and feel, but it will be all the same products and options. The biggest new thing for users will be the addition of visual builder for necks.

The real advancements are on the admin side. Lots of changes for how work gets done here at Warmoth.

Oh...one other big new thing on the front end: the entire site will be available on mobile devices; showcase, custom builders, etc. All of it.

The Aaron said:
Oh...one other big new thing on the front end: the entire site will be available on mobile devices; showcase, custom builders, etc. All of it.

Just what us addicts need!

The Aaron said:
The real advancements are on the admin side....
Any chance our accounts will remain unchanged? On a lot of sites, "BIG UPDATES", translates to  "Customers need to re-enter all their account info, and re-create UserNames/PassWorks".....  :confused4:

BigSteve22 said:
The Aaron said:
The real advancements are on the admin side....
Any chance our accounts will remain unchanged? On a lot of sites, "BIG UPDATES", translates to  "Customers need to re-enter all their account info, and re-create UserNames/PassWorks".....  :confused4:

The plan right now is to migrate the account info, but you'll have to renew your password. Existing orders and order history won't be migrated. You'll be starting anew with that. The old site will be maintained locally to keep track of that.

Back