What happened to LP JR wrap tail bridges at Warmoth?

-CB-

Epic Member
I dont see the bridges or the "route" available any more.  Was there an issue?

Do you mean the Gotoh 510?

Was it a very long time ago that you saw this on the Warmoth site?

No not the 510 Gregg.... there used to a more LP Jr style (thinner, more traditional looking) but it could have been a long while ago.  I really hadn't looked in a long time.

So... maybe that should be something to consider?  Y'know how traditional guitar players are.....

Yours is the first request since I've been at Warmoth. That could be an indication of how many we'd move.   :redflag:

Check guitarfetish.com; they have an Wilkinson LP Jr wraparound bridge; I took a chance given the cheap price and ordered one of the black Badass style bridges for my neckthrough LP project on the same page and it's solid with proper 82mm post center spacing.

http://store.guitarfetish.com/gistbr.html

Oh I know where to get 'em... no problem there, but I must be hallucinating.  I could swear they were offered once

I'm a noob here, but I had the same question.  I moved into electric guitars from acoustic by purchasing the cheapest squire I could find on craig's list, and I've gradually turned it into an entirely new guitar piece by piece.  Just need to replace the body and it'll be literally a different instrument. Now I'm seriously considering ordering up a 1960 LP 'special'-looking rig (that was an upgrade from the Jr with 2 pups), with that junior style wraparound.  Two p-90s in a one-piece mahogany log. The Gotoh 510 would totally ruin the vibe. Would I pay extra to have that style drilled? Would I need to order a non-compound radius fretboard?
Actually, while I'm at it, I have a couple of other questions:

1.  Fret wire.  The best frets I've ever played on, besides really played-in old LPs and old Martin and Gibson acoustics, are PRS McCartys.  What fret wire is gonna get me closest to that and farthest from a Jackson feel?
2.  Neck Shapes.  Which neck shape most closely approximates a) 1960s LP, and b) PRS wide-fat neck carve. I'm aware these are different.
3.  Personal curiosity: Why are there so few people building Gibson-inspired guitars here?  Or PRS-inspired? Is it the bolt-on neck thing that makes Gibson fans less likely to make their own?  Or are Fender-type guitars the best, in everyone's considered opinion?  Just can't help noticing that Strat-type guitars outnumber everything else like 10 to one in the guitar-building community, but I've always preferred the Gibson way myself. Just curious, please ignore if this question is inappropriate to the board.
You all seem like a great community.
Tim

Would I pay extra to have that style drilled? Would I need to order a non-compound radius fretboard?
That will come down to what the exact radius of the bridge you are planning to use. Even then it usually comes down to a preference call.

1.  Fret wire.  The best frets I've ever played on, besides really played-in old LPs and old Martin and Gibson acoustics, are PRS McCartys.  What fret wire is gonna get me closest to that and farthest from a Jackson feel?
Old LPs and Gibsons usually have a low and wide fret. For that 6130 is your ticket. I do not know what is on a McCarty though.

2.  Neck Shapes.  Which neck shape most closely approximates a) 1960s LP, and b) PRS wide-fat neck carve. I'm aware these are different.
1960's LP slim taper would be mostly like the Warmoth Standard Thin. Do not know on the PRS.

3.  Personal curiosity: Why are there so few people building Gibson-inspired guitars here?  Or PRS-inspired? Is it the bolt-on neck thing that makes Gibson fans less likely to make their own?
Yes, the bolt on is likley the biggest reason. There's lots of discussion around this board about it, but it comes down to perception. When you actually build one from Warmoth, then it all comes down to reality... and it's  :sign13:  :headbang1:

PRS neck data - I think a lot of people don't realize that there's such an array of options....

PRS Guitars Neck Dimensions

Width of the fingerboard at the nut:

* Regular – 1 21/32”
    * Wide Fat and Wide Thin – 1 11/16”
    * Santana – 1 21/32”
    * Custom 22/12 - 1 47/64"
    * 513 – 1 43/64"
    * Hiland – 1 21/32"

Width at the body:

* Regular – 2 1/4”
    * Wide Fat and Wide Thin – 2 1/4"
    * Santana – 2 1/4”