What finish is compatible with a GLOSS Warmoth neck to cover a decal?

sjcasas

Hi all.First off, the decal is NOT a Fender decal, it's my daughters name. It's a waterslide decal. The neck is VERY glossy, and after a few emails with Warmoth tech support not really answering my question I came here. Tech support said:

"Some finishes like Alpine White, White Pearl and Gloss on necks are Polyurethane, everything else (I think) is Polyester.  We do not recommend any water based finishes, as it can frequently cause warping or other finish issues.

We can’t discuss headstock decals at all as our license with Fender precludes it.  You might check with the experienced builders over at www.unofficialwarmoth.com to see what finishes they have found to be compatible."

So, I take it that there is a Polyurethane (because this neck is glossy) that is NOT WATER BASED that I need to find so I can put a few coats over this decal. Anyone have any recommendations?

So, you're saying to just spray nitro lacquer over a polyurethane that I have not had any absolute confirmation of whether it is oil-based, oil-modified, or...?
Will Lacquer be compatible with all of those in this application?
I only want to do this once.

These are mine - all nitro over Warmoth gloss. Don't know what else to tell you.

5PNt9ub.jpg

8eJnIjO.jpg

HARQATu.jpg

Back