what does warmoth use/??

sundin4prez

does anybody know what type of paint warmoth uses???will it disolour and or wear down like older gibsons and fenders??

thanks

Warmoth uses poly finishes, which will not behave like the older nitrocellulose/lacquer finishes used on vintage instruments with time.

This is one reason a lot of people do their own finishing.

jackthehack said:
Warmoth uses poly finishes, which will not behave like the older nitrocellulose/lacquer finishes used on vintage instruments with time.

This is one reason a lot of people do their own finishing.

It's almost funny. I bet if the early makers of instruments had the choice, you want paint that will wear off after a couple years or this new poly, laquer or enamle paint that will last almost forever. you know they'd have picked a more durable paint. they used what they had at the time and it was nitro paint

:icon_scratch:i keep hearing of this nitro vs poly battle and it seems to me that if the poly finish is actually done well instead of being 1/4" thick like it seems to be on lots of guitars there wouldn't be much of a difference, if any in the tone department.  then again it's not like i'm a vet in the luthier/finisher game so my opinion couldn't really count for less....  :dontknow:

Poly finish is so thick and it's hard as hell too. I give it props for it's durability.

Alfang said:
CB  English please

For those in Outer Podunk (or the greater Podunk metropolitan area), or those who "have it all" (but apparently not this)

Polyrazzmatazz is an iconic American English term, meaning a fancy applied substance, that holds great promise, but in fact is utilitarian in nature, and ordinary in quality.  It was taken into popular culture after its invention and use in a series of radio and television commercials by the Ziebart Company, poking fun at new fangled rust preventative polyurethane based automobile finishes in the promotion of its own rust preventative treatment.  "So you got a new car....its even got poly razz-ma-tazzzzzzz....but you want Ziebart!"

Back