what do you think of this pickguard/body combo

bpmorton777 said:
what exactly IS the finish on that thing?..BTW I like it :headbang:

Brian

I think it's  called "Baby-Poo Metal Flake"  and it's gonna   RAAAWWKKK !!!!!! :party07:

willyk said:
bpmorton777 said:

Brian

I think it's  called "Baby-Poo Metal Flake"  and it's gonna   RAAAWWKKK !!!!!! :party07:
crackup.gif

Do it. A plane picguard would just look lame-o and like every other guitar out there, I mean it's sparkley yellow you can't just put some black or white in the middle.

You might as well, your not really losing anything lookwise.

dmraco said:
BTW..I always saw God as LP player.... :icon_thumright:

God got a LP Custom once, but thought it was over the top, hence the Tele (in white of course).

bpmorton777 said:

Brian

I stripped it down to the wood...then
1/2 can Stew Mac Sanding sealer..left over from a previous build
1 can Rustoleum Metallic gold..$3.99
2 Cans spray glitter from WalMart Craft section..$3.99 each
3 Cans Deft...$4.99 Each.

With all that I am really surprised how smooth the surface is.  I am going to give it a few weeks to cure before I polish

here is a cool link to where I 1st saw it done and a couple of others using similar finishes...
http://www.reranch.com/reranch/viewtopic.php?t=22760&highlight=gold+sparkle

Since it's already hideous (in a good way), keep with that and do an over the top, not even trying to match pickguard color like red, pink paisley, black paisley, or blue flowers.

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
Since it's already hideous (in a good way), keep with that and do an over the top, not even trying to match pickguard color like red, pink paisley, black paisley, or blue flowers.

Thanks...I think.  :glasses9:...at least I have these to keep my sane...more to my taste....

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
The more I think about it, a black paisley one might look neat.  When you play it, you have to wear platform heels with goldfish in them.

That would be funkalicious.  You could also get an antigua burst headstock.

Back