what do you think of this pickguard/body combo

dmraco

Master Member
I know if is not a Warmoth, but what to you think of this pickguard on this body??  This is a 1986 Peavey Predator w/ a Kahler FlyerI picked up for $126

DSC02379.jpg

149GoldRushPearlwithmaskingon.jpg

Thanks

I think a simple pickguard would look best on that flashy body. I think black would be my vote.

Actually, I like it!  It WORKS!  Do a matching headstock and rock till ya drop with that bad boy.
Gotta be a plain untinted maple neck to go with it....lots of flame or eyes would take away from "the effect"....

=CB= said:
Actually, I like it!  It WORKS!  Do a matching headstock and rock till ya drop with that bad boy.
Gotta be a plain untinted maple neck to go with it....lots of flame or eyes would take away from "the effect"....

actually the neck is the same as body.  It was a 20+ year old maple neck that was beat to hell and back.  I actually had to fill in some serious dings and smooth...so the entire thing is painted just like the guitar.

HEy go for it.... ya only go round once.... so do it YOUR way, cuz in the end, you only answer to you and God (and he plays a Telecaster).

=CB= said:
HEy go for it.... ya only go round once.... so do it YOUR way, cuz in the end, you only answer to you and God (and he plays a Telecaster).

I hear ya...this is my 1st painted finish and I think it is too late for it not to be too garish or flashy.  I am torn between black, white pearloid, or the gold shown above.  anyone good with photoshop I will send them a strait on shot of the body.

BTW..I always saw God as LP player.... :icon_thumright:

Blue313 said:
I like it, with black hardware.  I can also see a black guard with gold hardware.

I would like black too...but going chrome...thats what is come with (tuners, knobs and Kahler Flyer whammy)...sensless to swap it all out since it is in perfect shape...this will make a good beater axe....

I actually love the combo you originally suggested. It may not be my personal taste, but it's wild, fun, and it definitely "works."  :party07:

Ya know what - that pickguard is completely over the top crazy with that body.

But what the hell - you should do it!  If it's not to your liking, you can always change it up later.

willyk said:
I'm with CB (except that God is a bass player)  :rock-on:
No no no. You're looking at his instrument wrong, you're seeing a 6 string bass, he's just playing a guitar thats in Drop C tuning. :laughing7:

=CB= said:
Well I'm on the Devil's  :evil4: side of things and he plays a pointy headstock Telecaster with massive humbuckers and a divebombing FR.......But I say hell ya Dave, do as Frankie said..."I did it my way"... :headbang1:

mayfly said:
Ya know what - that pickguard is completely over the top crazy with that body.

But what the hell - you should do it!  If it's not to your liking, you can always change it up later.

I want to get it right the 1st time...this thing is going to cost about $50!!!  That almost as much as the guitar!!!! :laughing8:

I am learning toward my 1st choice...I already have too many "classy" and good looking correct guitars.  this thing is either going to make them go OMG is great...or completely barf!!! :headbang1:

Back