What color is vintage white, anyhow?

tfarny

Master Member
This is more a question for Warmoth employees. If I had a vintage white hardtail strat with buckers and a tortoise pickguard, I would never again lust after another guitar (snicker). But what is vintage white - cream? mint? ivory?

make that a black pickguard and i'd have a hard time wanting something new, too. but i've noticed this too...

warmoth needs a photo-booth of some kind. same lighting, no matter what day the pictures were taken. i saw somebody suggest putting a black and white card in the picture with the body too, just a kind of constant color to compare to. good idea, i think!

I believe that "vintage white" is a range of various attempts to duplicate an original Fender Olympic White finish that has yellowed with age. Fender didn't originally have an "ivory" or vintage white color, but they did use a yellow stain under the paint - sometimes. :toothy12: And a lacquer over it, that yellowed. They had a "Mary Kay White" that was a translucent color, not a paint.... some people get amazingly obsessive about these things. There are some ivory Les Pauls, as well as white ones, and the whole subject has gotten very jumbled-up.

http://www.provide.net/~cfh/fenderc.html

In the Showcase search filters, look at how different Sunset Orange looks on Swamp Ash from piece to piece.  I love that color, but it looks red on some pieces.

JaySwear said:
putting a black and white card in the picture with the body too, just a kind of constant color to compare to. good idea, i think!

This is SUCH a good idea, and it would be so easy! I honestly don't understand why they DON'T do this (unless there is some aspect of their photo process which I am really not understanding).

nathana said:
JaySwear said:
putting a black and white card in the picture with the body too, just a kind of constant color to compare to. good idea, i think!

This is SUCH a good idea, and it would be so easy! I honestly don't understand why they DON'T do this (unless there is some aspect of their photo process which I am really not understanding).

+1, definitely a brilliant idea.  Do it, Warmoth, it's so easy!

Back