What case for a carved top telecaster?

billyb96

I just purchased a lefty carved top telecaster body with les paul style controls (2 volume, 2 tone, switch on the top, wood-mount humbuckers, TOM/STP Bridge), with a roasted flame maple tele style neck. What type of case would fit this guitar? I'm not sure if a regular tele case will work as the body is thicker and it might be an issue closing the case.

Welcome to the forum - we need pics here!

Oh, and you'll be fine with a standard Tele case.

Fat Pete said:
Welcome to the forum - we need pics here!

Oh, and you'll be fine with a standard Tele case.

I'll be posting pics of the guitar once its complete - I received the neck a few weeks ago and it was flawless, but unfortunately when the body arrived last week I had to send it back because there was an issue with the finish - it is gloss black but I could see the seam line on the flame maple cap through the paint. Very excited to complete it, its a tele in shape but 59 les paul specs in every other aspect.

The carved top Teles aren't thicker than regular Teles. In fact most of the body is thinner. For the solid ones just take a regular Tele and cut the edges down. Or at least, that's how it is on the two I bought from them when they first launched the carved Tele; for whatever reason they now insist on you having a laminate top and binding, which might mean they've changed how they're making them now. Hollow ones always required the laminate top but the one of those I've handled (not owned) it didn't seem any different in size to my solid ones.

Back