What are you doing for acoustics?

I have 1, its a beaten up and scratched ibanez masa, I had the neck glued back together (100 bucks) ...I bought it new from guitar and banjo in Beaumont tx for $350 decades ago. I don't have a case or strap for it... now for the good of it, it plays easier than most electrics.Screenshot_20240922_071602_Instagram.jpg

I've had many expensive acoustics in the past, but now I'm down to one: a humble Blueridge BR-183. I put a K&K Pure Western pickup in it, and it's enough to satisfy my acoustic needs.....for now.
Those Blueridge axes are real sleepers. Solid competition for Martin, which makes sense when you consider whose designs they are replicating.

Those Blueridge axes are real sleepers. Solid competition for Martin, which makes sense when you consider whose designs they are replicating.

Yep.

And I've had mine for a while, since before all the CITES rosewood restrictions and subsequent ease of restrictions, and the book matched Rosewood back on mine is quite stellar. Not sure how they look these days.

I just have a Taylor 15/16th size, left to me in a late friends will. I don't play a ton of acoustic, but I love it. Sounds great, plays great.

Attachments

• taylor.jpg
    taylor.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
If you look at my avatar you'll see my Adamas MEWP II, with a graphite composite top in white pearl, ebony fret board and mahogany neck. The value has gone up a lot. I think I got that in 2002?.

The other is an ovation country artist, with nylon strings, a great performer and under rated. I'll need to dig out some pics. It was made in 1976, I got it sometime in the 1990's.

My acoustic needs are incredibly, fully satisfied. Still on the hunt for that elusive forever electric guitar. Getting closer with my warmoths though.

Back