Wenge on a guitar neck?

maybe they just sell fast?  I do know it is listed as an option for a guitar neck, and several people here have them and love them.

They go about as fast as they show up on the Showcase; use the RSS neck feed and you can see them as they come up.

OK, that's fine. Was thinking of a custom order anyway, the Showcase is highly unlikely to have what I've a mind to do in any case.

Wenge necks make for some different tone, I really like them. With an ebony board, tone is about halfway in between maple and mahogany.

I think my next project will be a Bangle burst Swamp Ash Jaguar with a Bigsby B5 trem and a Wenge CBS neck with one of the you pick Brazilian Rosewood finger boards. 

i do :)  Spelling has never been my strong suit. 

There are a couple of Strat bodies in the show case with such a wood/finish combo and I think they look great.
http://www.warmoth.com/showcase/sc_guitar_bodies.cfm?type=guitar&start=1&itemNumber=PS2930&menuItem=1&subMenuItem=2&subMenuItem2=0&finish_filter=143

NonsenseTele said:
Don't know how do you guys like Bengal Burst  :dontknow:  :sad1:

I dunno, I think it looks killer on a quilt maple top; at least it's not dragon burst :icon_scratch:

NonsenseTele said:
Don't know how do you guys like Bengal Burst  :dontknow:  :sad1:

I don't care for it over quilt or flame maple, but on the Swamp Ash strats in the show case, it looks good to me.  It looks kinda like a Tobacco burst with the wood grain filled with dark filler. 

Oi! Please try to keep on topic in my thread gents...  :dontknow:

Anyway, now have an email correspondence going with Dan Allen over the specs for a wenge neck. Many more details later - lots of surprises in this one I think...  :icon_biggrin:

You bet Chris.  Sorry for taking your thread off the topic you intended.  I will avoid posting on your threads in the future, so as to avoid offense. 

chuck7 said:
You bet Chris.  Sorry for taking your thread off the topic you intended.  I will avoid posting on your threads in the future, so as to avoid offence. 

No offence taken at all - humour doesn't always work on this internetty thing does it...  :icon_thumright:

If you want to try out Wenge, find a shop that has Warwick basses.  They use wenge on most of their bass necks.  It will give you a good idea about what it feels like.
Patrick

SrDeMaFp said:
jackthehack said:
They go about as fast as they show up on the Showcase; use the RSS neck feed and you can see them as they come up.

Where is this RSS feed?

Go to the Showcase -> Guitar necks page, the link for the feed is just underneath the search critera form on the page

jackthehack said:
SrDeMaFp said:
jackthehack said:

Where is this RSS feed?

Go to the Showcase -> Guitar necks page, the link for the feed is just underneath the search critera form on the page

Awesome! Thanks Jack!

I have wenge neck from wormoth that is bairtone 28 1/5 ////scale I bought it becuse it needs no finish, has a corse grain and your hand does not stick to it. it's fast and feels good to the touch, your hand slides easy. A little oil and you are good to go. have fun

I'm also really curious about this wood combo for a guitar neck.
I'm about to build a les paul type of guitar from warmoth.
I'm pretty sure I want an ebony fingerboard (still not 100% sure about the fingerboard) with a mahogany/maple top body because I really like the Gibson Les Paul Custom guitar and that's what it uses.
The neck on the custom isn't fat though and I don't like the chambered body with the gold hardware, that's why I wanna custom build it.

I wouldn't mind to choose a mahogany neck with ebony fingerboard as far as tone is concerned but on the neck builder page there is no option to have either a black or transparent brown finish for the neck...
Also it seems like a raw neck would be a nice thing to have, just not sure which wood to choose.
I want it to be dark looking and also to sound full and powerful like a les paul should.

Anybody wanna help me with this?
Thanks, btw I just found this forum and it seems pretty nice.

Back