Well, there's some Gnarly Knurling

stubhead said:
I have a friend who does experimental etreme noise punk,

Is that anything like, "Can't play for shite?" :icon_scratch:

Imagine power tools, guitar pickups drapped accross metal statues and played with hammers, antique televisions blaring loudly on empty channels....  Yeah.  Its really eaiser to make interesting noise as badly as possible than it is to actually play a riff.  But he puts on a pretty good show.

Vol. Knob said:
stubhead said:
I have a friend who does experimental etreme noise punk,

Is that anything like, "Can't play for shitee?" :icon_scratch:

Imagine power tools, guitar pickups drapped accross metal statues and played with hammers, antique televisions blaring loudly on empty channels....  Yeah.  Its really eaiser to make interesting noise as badly as possible than it is to actually play a riff.  But he puts on a pretty good show.
I thought it would sound more like typewriters eating tinfoil being kicked down a flight of stairs.

Noise is good for certain aspects of a song or performance.  In small doses. 

For the one and only gig my oldest band played (otherwise, studio only since 1991), Zerababyl (http://www.myspace.com/zerababyl), we incorporated noise into our show.  We stole a shopping cart and put several guitar pickups on it, ala Einsteruzende Neubauten.  It made some really interesting sounds when you'd open and close the seat, scrape a guitar accross it, or beat it with drum sticks.  The band we were opening for assaulted it with chairs during our last song.  My amp blew so I ripped all the strings off my guitar and stabbed the neck through the speakers.  It was cool.  Otherwise our material at the time was like chilled out Cure meets post-syd/pre-darkside Floyd, only all instrumental and by guys who had smoked more weed and drank more beer.

Ah...  youth... 

Back