Weight necks in showcase

Bruno

Option "sort by weight" is applied to the necks too?
Trying I see that the order changes but since there is no indication of weight (never) I don't kwon...

p.s.:
(My target? 7.5lbs for a complete solid guitar  :icon_thumright:)

As far as I know, Warmoth has never provided weights for their necks.  In the past I remember reading about people inquiring about this, but for whatever reason its just not something that Warmoth does.

Heavy woods are wenge and rosewood in my experience, I'd guess ebony and bubinga too.
"pro" truss rods add about 3 ounces maybe 4. Most necks are really light, it's the tuners that make the difference. The bass necks are like a baseball bat, though (double rod + reinforcement). Get a vintage modern construction and light tuners and you'll be fine.

I have a Warmoth "Pro" standard thin Ebony over Pau Ferro neck that's surprisingly heavy. I don't have any way of measuring it accurately, but it's enough that I noticed it right out of the box.

For interest  :icon_scratch: I just weighed 2 Necks I have here, without tuners on.

#1) Warmoth Vintage Strat neck, Pau Ferrro with Ebony fretboard, Graph tech Nut, SS6115 frets, 1 & 11/16'' nut width, 10 - 16'' compound radius, standard thin. NO finish.

Weighed in at the 'Devil's weight  :evil4: 666 grams = 23.492 ounces = 1.468 pounds

#2) Warmoth Pro Strat neck, Quartersawn Goncalo Alves, Pau Ferro fretboard, Graph Tech Nut, SS6115 frets, 1 & 11/16'' nut width, 10-16''compound radius, standard thin, NO finish.

Weighed in at 685 grams = 24.162 ounces = 1.510 pounds.

Sperzel Tuners Chrome (6 in line) weight is 203 grams = 7.160 Ounces =  0.447 pound

Got another with Sperzel tuners on it & all painted Black on the back & headstock, all maple ... shall return with that weight.  :icon_biggrin:

I voiced this request several years back (you can search for the thread and see the responses from W)

short of the story - the weights are 'similar enough' that it's not going to happen anytime soon. but ... you can always call or email W and have a neck (or more) weighed for you

all the best,

R

Back