WEBSITE UPGRADE

I've been away for a while and didn't know there was an upgrade, though load speed seems to be faster now. I was trying out a Jazzmaster build and TV Jones routs are missing for bridge position.

I checked some custom neck options this morning, and the site was WAY faster than it used to be.

I just noticed that some of the finished bodies have started showing back up in the showcase. It's nice to see the progress being made in getting the new site up to full speed.

I still miss the old visualizer you could add pickguards and hardware into...

We all do, but sadly it's gone for good. The logistics of tying hardware products into the visual builders aren't sustainable.

If you've ever moved you can appreciate this analogy: you start filling a box with all your books. You keep adding books to the box, and with a little creativity you're able to fit your entire library into a single box. You're really proud of your ingenuity - until you try to lift the box and realize it is too heavy to move.

That's what our old "black" website was.

The website is definitely performing better vs the VERY 'laggy' previous iteration. Glad to see you are getting sorted. However, a VERY useful feature that was in last iteration that is now gone is the weight of the guitar body, which you could see when scrolling over or tapping for the quick view on a tablet. Weight is probably one of the most important pieces of information to know when browsing your offerings, and having to click into the full product page for that item makes it a bit of a pain to browse through your offerings quickly/efficiently... Also, in the 'sort by' dropdown in the upper right section of the search pages you have the first entry for 'price', but then another entry for 'sort price'. For weeks, I though your 'price' was broken because it wouldn't work. It wasn't until I saw the 'sort price' at bottom of the menu before it worked for me. I'd suggest just removing that first 'price' option in the 'sort by' dropdown, and pull up the 'sort price' option which does appear to be working. Very happy to see the site has been getting some fixes, as I thought it was a downgrade from the previous version you had, as it related to speed/ease-of-use.

However, a VERY useful feature that was in last iteration that is now gone is the weight of the guitar body, which you could see when scrolling over or tapping for the quick view on a tablet. Weight is probably one of the most important pieces of information to know when browsing your offerings, and having to click into the full product page for that item makes it a bit of a pain to browse through your offerings quickly/efficiently...

I agree. Why on earth did they change that???

Sure, filter would be nice, but I was referring to the user interface, where... when browsing through a page of thumbnails, having the affordance of mousing-over a specific item will not only show 'Construction, Core Wood, etc....', but ALSO have the body weight. In fact, I think the body weight is more important than some of the other items you have in the existing interface, like 'forearm contour', 'tummy cut', etc... In other words, if you were to rank what's most important to those who browse these thumbnailed pages, which attributes would those be? That's what needs to be shown upon mouseover, IMO.

Last edited:
Sure, filter would be nice, but I was referring to the user interface, where... when browsing through a page of thumbnails, having the affordance of mousing-over a specific item will not only show 'Construction, Core Wood, etc....', but ALSO have the body weight. In fact, I think the body weight is more important than some of the other items you have in the existing interface, like 'forearm contour', 'tummy cut', etc... In other words, if you were to rank what's most important to those who browse these thumbnailed pages, which attributes would those be? That's what needs to be shown upon mouseover, IMO.

I, personally, do not have any items in the existing options, I am not involved in the website development and do not work for Warmoth. But weight too may come back as well as appearing as a filter in time if it was in the last iteration.

Are you talking about this?

preview.png

That preview function has been there since the beginning.

I would have to go back and check to be sure, but I do not believe weight has ever been listed on that preview.

Aarom: Yes, that is what I am referring to, and yes... the preview before also included weight... Of all the information in that 'mouseover' info panel, I'd actually put weight even higher priority than the comfort cuts... In the hierarchy of important info, weight is right up there, IMO...

Last edited:
Aarom: Yes, that is what I am referring to, and yes... the preview before also included weight... Of all the information in that 'mouseover' info panel, I'd actually put weight even higher priority than the comfort cuts... In the hierarchy of important info, weight is right up there, IMO...

Happy to report that you can now sort by weight in the showcase, and weights are posted on the category page so you don't have to click into individual products.

It seems like the Hipshot bridge is gone from hardware
I see there is a Hipshot A available for 5-string basses, along with the Schaller 496…but that’s it.
I am really hoping that the BadAss option will return as time goes on…even though the BadAss is no longer in production, at least 2 other companies make clones…including Hipshot in the KickAss5…in my opinion the best 5-string bridge you can get for around $75. I do hope Warmoth hasn’t discontinued the option. I have 3 basses with the KickAss5 bridge, and am looking to build the 4th …

Last edited:
I see there is a Hipshot A available for 5-string basses, along with the Schaller 496…but that’s it.
I am really hoping that the BadAss option will return as time goes on…even through the BadAss is no longer in production, at least 2 other companies make clones…including Hipshot in the KickAss5…in my opinion the best 5-string bridge you can get for around $75. I do hope Warmoth hasn’t discontinued the option. I have 3 basses with the KickAss5 bridge, and am looking to build the 4th …
AllParts is the current holder of the Leo Quan name and sells new-production BadAss bridges. I think you can still get the BA routs here off-menu (but confirm through customer service!). Maybe one day in the far-far-from-now we'll carry the BA hardware, but no promises.

AllParts is the current holder of the Leo Quan name and sells new-production BadAss bridges. I think you can still get the BA routs here off-menu (but confirm through customer service!). Maybe one day in the far-far-from-now we'll carry the BA hardware, but no promises.
But if Warmoth already carries Hipshot A bridges, I don’t see why Warmoth can’t carry Hipshot KickAss bridges…just sayin’…
(And it’ll be a better product, too)

The Badass II will fit directly on the Gotoh 201 option as it is a direct replacement for vintage Fender Bass bridges.

The Badass III is a direct replacement for the American Standard/Deluxe "High Mass Vintage" Fender bridge.

Back