wear on satin neck finish

Jack does manage an economy of words in his answers.  But back to the other topic, you hand is basically a very soft polishing pad to the satin finish.  It just takes a while longer than using a polishing cloth and compound.
Patrick

I think some people operate under the misconception that "satin" = "matte"; using products like Deft satin lacquer, while they don't make a finish that is mirror-like glossy, if you rub it out/polish it it will look fairly shiny. The "satin" refers more to the FEEL of the finish.

That is true Jack, but the Marketing guys also seem rather liberal with the term.  I have had finishes that were like the Deft products in the way that the surface reflects light and I have had necks that appeared to have been rubbed down with a bit of steel wool to get the matte finish.  Either will rub out in my experience.
Patrick

The edges of my VW body are starting to shine up after all these years of playing. Mostly on the forearm area.....Might just go ahead and polish it out...

Well, my hands are pretty rough to begin with, so the exfoliation had a little acceleration.  I'm used to glossy finishes loosing their shine and turning matte, but satin to glossy blows my mind.

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
Well, my hands are pretty rough to begin with, so the exfoliation had a little acceleration.  I'm used to glossy finishes loosing their shine and turning matte, but satin to glossy blows my mind.
I think the "satin" is more like jack said. It's more of an unpolished semi-gloss...Than really a true "satin"....

Back