satin nitro finish neck wear

plopez2389

Hi, for you guys with warmoth's satin nitro finished necks , i was curious if that kind of nitro finish will start showing some wear in the spots where its been played the most?

Thanks!!

I've had a satin finished neck since 99. It took over 10 years before it got to where it wasn't tacky.

So, no appreciable wear in 23 years, aside from the most perfect slight gloss up.

It feels great.

Last edited:
With my necks, they polished up fairly quickly where I played on the neck. This took about a year.

With my necks, they polished up fairly quickly where I played on the neck. This took about a year.
Mine glossed up quickly too, but was very grippy. It took forever to lose that.

It is now my best feeling neck finish.

I can compare to full gloss, scotchbrited gloss, ibanez matte polished up, raw, etc.

I have one satin neck and it has a very nice feel. I can say it barely glossed up, a dull semi gloss in spots at most. And feeling sticky or grippy ... no way.

I guess im hoping that the nitro satin neck shows wear on the fretboard. Im hoping to purchase a warmoth neck and put in on an old, beat up, strat body that i have.

I guess im hoping that the nitro satin neck shows wear on the fretboard. Im hoping to purchase a warmoth neck and put in on an old, beat up, strat body that i have.
Can't help you there - both of my satin nitro necks have rosewood boards.

BUT - my roasted maple neck with roasted maple board definitely shows 'finger wear' on the fretboard.

Sorry I misunderstood ... You want finger wear on your maple fretboard ... that's easy!

I found the best thing is play in the sun on a hot day and sweat. Sweet Jesus, it's so damn hot. Do that a couple of weekends. Also not washing your hands before playing, and make sure you eat the greasiest stickiest things at the barbeque, and letting your strings get old and rusty. There you go. You'll have finger wear in no time guarantee!

Back