weak sounding humbucker in new wire of rfirst timer

Mark W

Hi
first time putting together a Warmoth and I made it to sound.
It's a strat with 1 volume 2 tones 5 way switch.
I hooked up 2 Seymour Duncan STK S4 pickups in neck and middle and a TB 14 in the bridge.
I wired it according to the Seymour Duncan page for 2 singles 1 humbucker 1 volume 2 tones 5 way switch with the 2 STK S4's as per the STK diagram.
Problem is this...the TB 14 in the bridge is half as loud as the other pickups. I raised it up next to the strings and lowered the other two level with the pickguard to even get them close to the same. The TB14 is supposed to be higher output.
One question I have is whether the red and white wires off the TB14 are supposed to be wired together or not. It doesn't say in the diagram. They are not right now.
Any help would be greatly appreciated

I'm looking at the diagram which is linked to from the TB14 page on the SD site. It says to connect red and white together (and to nothing else), to connect green and bare together and to mass, and to use black for signal.

http://www.seymourduncan.com/support/wiring-diagrams/schematics.php?schematic=h_2stks4_1v_2t_5w - - is that what you're looking at?

yes the red and white need to be together

If you're sure you've wiredeverything correctly, my experience of the SD wiring diagrams is they only work with their specific 5way switch as the in order is non-standard, but YMMV. I suggest look elsewhere e.g. stewmac or Google HSS wiring diagram (or similar).

Back