Watcha readin'?

reluctant-builder said:
Currently, I am not reading anything but the New Yorkers I get as a gift from my public radio station.

Thats no small feat reading the New Yorker each week.  We have a subscription and its a challenge to finish each issue before the next arrives.

Ah, but do you get the cartoons?  :icon_jokercolor:

And r_b, I totally get you about Millennium, though I must confess (as I already have in this thread) to having read the first two. Again, pretty meh.

Victor Hugo's Les Miserables. Full stop. I'll probably be reading this book until the day I die.  :sad: It's incredible though.

Just got End Game
it is about the super dept cycle the world is caught up in
I have never seen a view like this guy has, I think we are screwed.
He even shows how we are effecting the development 3rd world countries with our dept load.

That book is on my short list; I may order it today.

And I hate to play grammar cop, but I think you meant "debt", not "dept" (which is short for "department") <grin>

No problem. I knew what you meant. And I've since ordered the book. Should have it for next weekend's lazing around.

I just finished "In Fifty Years We'll All Be Chicks" by Adam Carolla.  It was actaully a pretty good book.

"Dawn over the Kalahari" was very good, and actually confirmed much of what I've felt intuitively about human nature. We do not seem to be naturally competitive or aggressive, but rather cooperative and communicative with an unmatched sense of rhythm. I like the thought that we are genetically predisposed to be nice to each other :icon_thumright:

Today... the new DC 52s... Detective Comics, Action, Batgirl, Animal Man, Swamp Thing, and Green Arrow.  :icon_biggrin:

I'm halfway thorugh The World is Blue: How Our Fate and the Ocean's Are One by Sylvia A. Earle.  The author is a marine biologist (and the Explorer in Residence at the National Geographic Society) and this book is about the wonderful creatures in the ocean, anything from tiny bacteria to the largest whales. 

The book laments the destruction that we are doing with pollution and other careless acts, and she argues that by destroying our ocean's resources we are robbing ourselves of countless treasures, both known and also undiscovered.  Its amazing how diverse the life is in our world's oceans.  They speculate that there may be tens of millions if not more undiscovered species there ranging from fish to microorganisms.  When we destroy habitat we may be destroying living organisms that we don't even yet know exist, and in our ignorance we may be causing even more harm than we imagine.

Mein Kampf.

And I'm not even making a tasteless joke. Part of my college project is about Nazi Composer's and how their compositions tied in with Hitlers Vision for a new world order.

That would be awkward to have to take back and forth to class.  I would have to put a My Little Pony book cover on it or something so people wouldn't know what it was. 

Just started One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest this morning. I'm sure everyone out there has already read it, but I was deprived of good literature for the better part of my upbringing. :laughing7:

Jonesey said:
Just started One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest this morning. I'm sure everyone out there has already read it, but I was deprived of good literature for the better part of my upbringing. :laughing7:

If that's the case, you might want to read Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged. The first customer review says it best:

I want to say from the beginning that one does not need to agree with a philosophy to appreciate it. Obviously most of the critics and some of the supporters have never read this work. One need not approve of communism to give the Communist Manifesto a high rating but it is certainly a must read.

Not that it's about communism at all - far from it - he's just making an example. I'll just say this - it's a thinker. Well worth reading.

There's only one book to read.... :headbang:
Book-Eddie-Trunk-Essential-Hard-Rock.jpg

I take that back, there's two... :headbang1:
10107886.jpg

Back