Warvin II flying V

cabo5150

Started the build here:
http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=18269.msg269861#msg269861

I had some nicer weather and I was able to get some painting done.
The body with primer:

Attachments

• 9097_P3030001_1.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 16
  • 9097_P3030002_1.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 4
and some color:
I may add some blue zebra stripes to tone down the orange.

Attachments

• 9097_P3030003_1.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 25
It's either the whiskey or the early morning but go for it, Zebra stripe that V!  :headbang1:

Maybe its the storm trooper thing going round, but ... a V doesn't really need a loud paint job to say 'Hey lookat  me I'm BAD!!!" It even looks kinda badass in white - but in a really confident sort of way. The primer shots actually have me tempted. And I have never been more than the slightest bit interested in a V

Oddly enough, I thought it looked cool enough with the white too, but i really had my mind set on the orange. Now that its orange I think it needs to be toned down.
It's going to be cold here through the weekend so I have some time to think about it.

I'm going to 'sue' you now, for being blinded  :glasses9:  I just walked into a door after looking at that  :doh:
Should stand out in a crowd thou ...

swarfrat said:
Maybe its the storm trooper thing going round
:icon_biggrin:  :icon_biggrin:  :icon_biggrin:

Updown said:
I'm going to 'sue' you now, for being blinded  :glasses9:  I just walked into a door after looking at that  :doh:
Should stand out in a crowd thou ...

Haha, my last dime goes into my axes :party07:

No, I definitely vote for "tone it down with the blue zebra stripes" here - although LIME GREEN might have a more calming effect if you can get it LIME enough. Maybe with thin black outlining? And if you could teach it to shoot sparks out it's ass, it'll be even better for those smooth-jazz crooner-backup gigs!

It probably mighta been easier to shoot orange over lime than vice-versa....  :dontknow: I have a primarily-violently-orange guitar coming up too, but right now I'm just staring at it's boardiness, exactly because of those kinds of things. I am not like Joe Paintery Dude, but I trust in process. So far....

So I decided to just go ahead with my blue zebra stripe plan and had some beatiful weather on Sunday.

Guitar masked off and headstock with logo and clear

Attachments

• IMG_5332.jpg
    353.4 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_9378.jpg
    464 KB · Views: 20
Bagman67 said:
You got an interesting idea of what "tone down" means.

Haha!

OP, are you going for the Lynch look?  I love Carvin products and wish you the best!  Looking forward to updates.

Haha!

OP, are you going for the Lynch look?  I love Carvin products and wish you the best!  Looking forward to updates.
[/quote]

Lynch, no.
80's yes

are you going for the Lynch look?

It's a (soonly) blue-and-orange zebra-striped V - isn't George Lynch the black and yellow-striped tiger-strat guy? And that dumb skull guitar. Tigers do snack zebra, but not the orange & blue ones. Though when I see orange & blue, I reflexively think Go Gators! which although another tetrapodal apex predator, aren't taxonomically even the right phylum, much less class, order, family, genus or partridge in a hellbound handbucket.

Ahhhhh....... Flo-rida. Pray for me....

tebowgator.jpg

And the stripes...I'll wait a few days for it to cure, then hit it with some clear

Attachments

• IMG_9042.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 23
Done!
:party07:

Attachments

• P4190015.JPG
    594.4 KB · Views: 25
  • P4190016.JPG
    598.5 KB · Views: 19
  • P4190017.JPG
    600.5 KB · Views: 4