Warning! Top Routing Travesty ahead!!

tfarny

Master Member
I mean, did ya have to? Didn't you think it would sell as a rear route?
http://www.warmoth.com/showcase/sc_guitar_bodies.cfm?itemNumber=pt1193&type=guitar

I notice quite a few rear routed bodies without PU routs have been popping up in the showcase, just as requested here on the board. I hope somebody's buying them or we'll look like a bunch of idiots. More than usual, I mean.

What I meant is, if people are actually buying beautiful wood covered by a pickguard and those rear-routed ones are getting left behind, the guys from Warmoth won't exactly be motivated to rear-rout anything but the most spectacular bodies, and maybe not even those.

That is a nice piece of ash!

I suppose you could photograph the left side of the guitar, flip the photo over and attach it to the underside of a clear pickguard. NOT!  :laughing7:

It's still beautiful.

Perosnally I would like to see more angled peghead necks made of mahogany. It's a fairly well known idea that maple necks don't go particularly well with mahogany bodies. Conflicting frequncies and such. And those looking to capture a more classic Gibson type vibe might be better served by a mahogany neck for their mahogany body project.

It's pretty rare that you see a maple neck electric Gibson unless it's a jazz guitar or one of the lowly regarded Marauders or S1's from the 70's. Sure, there was the L5-S and L6-S which both had maple necks, but the bodies were maple too. The classic Gibson tone is mahogany body/mahogany neck. Sure, there are exceptions, but when we're talking SGs and Les Pauls, the bulk of Gibson's heritage, it's mahogany baby! :headbang:

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
I dunno, but I'm a top-rout guy anyway.  I like the stock look.  Beautiful wood be damned.
Let's top route YOU  :laughing7:  :icon_jokercolor: (just kidding)

I like some top routed and some I think is an agressition to the exotic woods... 5A Flamed Koa top route is:  :tard:

Mayfly, that's like the 19th time you've claimed to spout beer through your nose while reading this site :toothy12: That sounds like a pretty serious medical condition at this point.  :icon_jokercolor: I'd hate to see your home office!  :help: :help:

tfarny said:
Mayfly, that's like the 19th time you've claimed to spout beer through your nose while reading this site :toothy12: That sounds like a pretty serious medical condition at this point.   :icon_jokercolor: I'd hate to see your home office!  :help: :help:

Yeah, I was thinking that too.  Plus, drinking beer at 9:30 in the morning is kinda a warning sign.  :tard:

dbw said:
tfarny said:
Mayfly, that's like the 19th time you've claimed to spout beer through your nose while reading this site :toothy12: That sounds like a pretty serious medical condition at this point.   :icon_jokercolor: I'd hate to see your home office!  :help: :help:

Yeah, I was thinking that too.  Plus, drinking beer at 9:30 in the morning is kinda a warning sign.   :tard:

Depends how old you're  :toothy12:
When I was 19, on ranches the law was: "first open a beer, after say g' morning"  :laughing7:

Telenator said:
It's pretty rare that you see a maple neck electric Gibson unless it's a jazz guitar or one of the lowly regarded Marauders or S1's from the 70's. Sure, there was the L5-S and L6-S which both had maple necks, but the bodies were maple too. The classic Gibson tone is mahogany body/mahogany neck. Sure, there are exceptions, but when we're talking SGs and Les Pauls, the bulk of Gibson's heritage, it's mahogany baby! :headbang:

The Zakk Wylde signature model LPs have maple necks.  Sure it's a custom model, so you could make it whatever you wanted, but he bought the majority of his used already like that.  His camo LP Custom even has a maple fretboard, but I agree, those are the exception and not the rule.

tfarny said:

i think there's a keyboard somewhere under all these bottles...  :icon_jokercolor:

Back