WARNING: PRICE INCREASE

dmraco

Master Member
1/2/09...I just ordered a new LPS body after much debate today.  I was informed by the sales staff that I got in just under the wire.  Prices are increasing on bodies tomorrow to reflect the new prices on the beta site!

ORDER NOW IF YOU ARE CONSIDERING!

On the new website, they changed the neck prices (and only the neck) back to normal, any reason?

he said they were only raising the prices of the bodies.  Neck prices were raised 3 years ago.  Bodies have not been raised for 5 years.

I guess they changed their minds because they were raised last week on the beta but not any more :icon_biggrin:

Bah.

I rushed ordering my neck because I wanted a rosewood neck...I was looking for somewhere to try something with '59 roundback-type contour, but couldn't find one in 'time' (the day before they said price increases would take effect), so I ordered standard thin.

BAH.

Dude I feel your pain but let's not complain or they might go head and raise them!!  :sad: I'm thrilled that I still have hope of a Rosewood neck. Thanks guys!

But I am sorry dude. Just play with the thickest strings you can find and it'll feel better.  :laughing7:

not sure what you are talking about.. as far as I can see, the rosewood necks still went up $100 as planned.. ???

Marko said:
not sure what you are talking about.. as far as I can see, the rosewood necks still went up $100 as planned.. ???

Yeah I just noticed that as well.  What are you smoking Rouse?

well I just checked and my LPS body went from $340 to $560. :doh: :doh:

The neck went up a few bucks but not nearly as drastic.

you know what would have been nice??? A heads-up.. something like 'we're gonna be raising prices as of 2/3/09. i would have made an order last week.. i bet they would have had a nice rush of business of those who were on the fence like me.. now i can't afford to order :dontknow:

Gregg announced that here about a year ago, and we all discussed the price increase since the beta site was announced.

I probably would have ordered the Soloist body sooner if I had known about the price increase. I missed it when it was discussed before.
Oh well...

Marko said:
Gregg announced that here about a year ago, and we all discussed the price increase since the beta site was announced.

YEah...I saw that too.  I thought it would be good to post since it was in the process of happening in less than 24 hours...post is moot now.

'Tried to print out an Order Form (for bodies) and it printed out a bunch of garbage. I hope they get that fixed SOON...

Z bodies are way up, maple bodies are higher than alder (!), baritone necks are way up - gee, they hit all my hot-spots... I had an idea for a fretless baritone guitar, guess I'll be sniffin' round the 'bay....

(bow wow wow) :sad1:

Hey, did anyone notice the price of a Swamp Ash Mustang body went down?

You know, by NOT raising the price of our $157 necks to keep up with inflation and rising production costs, it could be looked at as a price reduction.

Just thought I would throw in my two cents for the team.

Gregg said:
Hey, did anyone notice the price of a Swamp Ash Mustang body went down?

You know, by NOT raising the price of our $157 necks to keep up with inflation and rising production costs, it could be looked at as a price reduction.

Just thought I would throw in my two cents for the team.
Greg
Price increase high on one and low in another is still an increase across the board.  :icon_scratch: :dontknow: :sign13:

Sheesh you guys, overall this is not surprising or, I think, unreasonable. Look at how much you pay at other places for flamed koa, Brazilian RW, etc. They raised the prices on the 'money is no object' unique stuff, and kept the 'darn good guitar for less than an American Strat' stuff just about the same. If you're builing an alder / maple strat, the price went up like $20 maybe. If you can still afford a burled, knurled, quilted & knitted, spalted koa carved top guitar, then good for you. I'll admit the price rises for the carved tops are pretty steep, even with standard woods. I'm sure they'll sell fewer of those.

Back