Warmoth Spalt Maple Strat Completed

fibredrive

Hi all,

Posted it when it first came out of the box, here's the completed strat. Doodled a little with photoshop so here she is...

DSC_0238.jpg

DSC_0057.jpg

*edit*

ok here she is with the dimarzios...

strat1es6.jpg

Awesome! That's what I call "beggining the year nicely!" :laughing7:
Just change the cover of the middle single :D

I would have gone with black middle pickup too, but as far as strats go I like this one. Bubinga necks though... I might have to get me one of those. Yum.

middle cover - tell me about it. was all set to go when all my parts arrived, and realized the local store didn't have a black classic stack plus middle!! argh. anyways, its staying on for a bit. selling it now won't be worth it. sigh.

That looks great.  How does the JB in the bridge sound with the 250k pots, though?  Did you use a 0.047 or a 0.022 uf cap?

fibredrive said:
middle cover - tell me about it. was all set to go when all my parts arrived, and realized the local store didn't have a black classic stack plus middle!! argh. anyways, its staying on for a bit. selling it now won't be worth it. sigh.

You can change only the cover, isn't it?

That is beautiful.  The grain on the fretboard is particularly wild.

I'm not a 'spalt guy' but that is beautiful. Looks very class. You might try  500k or 1 meg pots to take a bit of the mud out, especially since it's a rear route it's an easy swap.

Looks great, congrats :icon_thumright:
I hope you won't change the white cover, having all pickups with the same color is boring :sad:
A zebra bridge pickup is a good idea too!

tfarny said:
You might try  500k or 1 meg pots to take a bit of the mud out, especially since it's a rear route it's an easy swap.
I second that opinion.  The JB is a lot of things, both good and bad, but muddy isn't usually attributed to it.

The JB jr doesn't have as much treble as the regular JB.

It probably sounds a bit muddy with distortion (in the neck position) and better clean.

GoDrex said:
The JB jr doesn't have as much treble as the regular JB.

It probably sounds a bit muddy with distortion (in the neck position) and better clean.

Although, it is tuned to be a bridge pup to run with 250k/0.047.  If putting it in the neck, 500k/0.022 will cure the mud, I'm sure, and will make the JB in the bridge sound much better, to boot.

thanks for the suggestions folks!

docnrock/tfarny - am not so sure what caps i used (it was yellow in colour if that helps!), left the electronics to my tech for the most part. but will suggest what you've suggested to him and see if it helps. thanks a bunch!

Thanks for making the effort to post the pictures of your completed project.  It just so happens that over the last "many" months I've been planning a project almost identical to yours.  From your pics I was able to determine that I was squarely on the right track ... so much so, in fact, that I placed the order for my tobacco burst spalt this afternoon.

in 8 weeks, I should have some pictures of my own to post

Man, that is sweet. I love spalted maple tops and it looks as if you got a good one. That is bad ass.
MULLY

wojtheelder - no worries mate. always an enjoyment just to list even the parts of my guitar and gear!! hehe. i enjoy looking at others set ups too, especially what pickups, wood etc. so do post yours when it arrives!! love spalted maple and am thinking of my next build as it is. she plays beautifully. you won't regret it!

mullyman / dangerousr6 - hey guys, thanks for looking. yep yep am lovin every minute of it. only gripe is i don't think very much of the JB Jr, and i wish i had a black classic stack plus!! argh. but nevermind, looking at the specs, i think i am going to change to a vintage rails middle and cool rails neck. let me know if you've had any experience with these! not really looking for a classic strat tone (i mean c'mon, my strat body is mahogany here...hehe). but definitely something different from my les paul sound, which is really meant for some heavy rhythm work....

Back