Warmoth shipping about

anatolia999

Hello everyone, I'm Onur from Turkey. Only one of my warmoth order, which went out on March 16, 2022 in two pieces, arrived, and the other one has been appearing in losangles on the globalpost screen for 21 days and there is no movement or progress.  It's been a whole month, but the cargo still hasn't arrived. Does anyone have experience with this? I would be very grateful if you could help me on what to do.
I wish everyone a healthy day.

Hello Onur from Turkey.

No, I have not experienced a delay such as described.

Contact Warmoth Sales for advice.  Email: sales@warmoth.com  Include your order number etc.

https://warmoth.com/contact-us

anatolia999 said:
and the other one has been appearing in losangles on the globalpost screen for 21 days and there is no movement or progress.

That sounds like it's being held up in customs.  If that's the case, I don't think there's anything Warmoth can do.

On a similar but unrelated note, I sold a hockey jersey via eBay to a buyer in Canada, and it was also delayed for over a month in customs, but neither he nor I could get any information on its status.

NedRyerson said:
anatolia999 said:
and the other one has been appearing in losangles on the globalpost screen for 21 days and there is no movement or progress.

That sounds like it's being held up in customs.  If that's the case, I don't think there's anything Warmoth can do.

On a similar but unrelated note, I sold a hockey jersey via eBay to a buyer in Canada, and it was also delayed for over a month in customs, but neither he nor I could get any information on its status.

If it is in Los Angeles, it has not yet left the US. So it has not got to a point where it could be held up.

I can't think of any other explanation why it would be held up at LAX of all places.  But I'm not a logistics expert so there's that.

With the supply chain and shipping issues, the ports are a mess, it could either have been misplaced or backlogged, and I fear it's a former. As the shipper, Warmoth might be able to to instigate tracking on the package and find out why it is stuck in LA.

I got the following email from warmoth.

“Onur,

We sent with USPS, they likely teamed with Globalpost to handle the package over seas.
We have no jurisdiction or influence over any package within the USPS or Globalpost systems.

With UPS, we would have been able to perhaps gotten further but, with the mail, there
is no one we can talk to or representative to assist.

Again, this is not out of the ordinary with USPS/Mail internationally over the last few years.

I wish I had a solution to offer.“

That sounds right, in the past year, I've waited 4+ weeks for USPS to deliver amplifier tubes within the US, and things shipped from Canada, which in the past would have arrived in 3-4 days, have been running 10+ days.

Onur, if it has backlogged in the US perhaps you could wait it out which may not be the best idea.

Or contact USPS, but as I do not live in the US I cannot advise how effective that may be. But here is a link that I would think may be worth a try for missing mail and lost packages.

https://www.usps.com/help/missing-mail.htm

Don't wanna sound too pessimistic but there is a small chance that it might be lost for good - this stuff seems to happen more often in recent years (happened to me last month actually).

Sites like Amazon or eBay all protect the buyer when these things happen. So I'd ask Warmoth what happens if the item never appears again. I'm very certain the delivery (probably on the seller side) was insured and you'll get your money back. But I'd kick off that process right away - i.e. declare it as lost with both Warmoth and USPS.

Also, next time go UPS. A bit more expensive but less hassle (albeit also far from perfect)

Following on from what Alex said above.

According to this all of these international methods of shipping are "Fully insured against damage, loss, or theft."

https://warmoth.com/international-shipping

In any case I suggest you complete the form at the link I posted earlier.

https://www.usps.com/help/missing-mail.htm

Also go back to Warmoth Sales as the "solution" they should be providing is advising you what to actually do and how if the worst comes to the worst how Warmoth will help you with it being "Fully insured against damage, loss, or theft."

Really Warmoth Sales, should be stepping up a bit more here.

Guys, thank you all for your replies.  My package was re-updated after 23 days and now appears in Chicago.  I guess there is no problem for now.  but ups seems to be the most logical company for situations like this

anatolia999 said:
Guys, thank you all for your replies.  My package was re-updated after 23 days and now appears in Chicago.  I guess there is no problem for now.  but ups seems to be the most logical company for situations like this

Glad it's finally moving.

Over the past year I've had several delays with USPS where stuff doesn't get updated.
The worst one took over 2 months for just continental US shipping, that should have been just 3-5 days.

Best part is that by time it was delivered even USPS didn't know it was.
Not only did it get lost for a long time in a USPS facility, they missed scanning it several times along the way and it never showed as being delivered.

There is indeed no one you can talk to at USPS (they might give you a local number but you'll never be able to reach a human being on the phone anyways as it's overcrowded with no waiting system). Even their lost claim system is primarily done entirely online without any direct contact point/recourse. They're suppose to have accepted a claim once and I have no idea where the payment went, and never will.

FedEx is the 2nd most incompetent carrier when it comes to delays during the pandemic, but at least they usually know where the package is and you can talk to someone (even if they won't be able to do anything about it).
UPS has been the most reliable the past few years in terms of delivery times.

I've sent many hundreds of packages overseas by USPS over the last 13 years.  Most of them used "Priority Mail International".  A very few have had this happen to them.  In all cases the packages eventually moved on and got to their destinations.  As much as it might be hard to believe, in those 13 years, USPS never lost a single one.

UPS may be better about tracking and locating stuck packages, but they also charge a lot more than USPS does.  Packages that I shipped by USPS for $30 would have been around $100 by UPS.

Triple Jim said:
Packages that I shipped by USPS for $30 would have been around $100 by UPS.

Also, UPS is vert bad for international shipping. In Canada, I always avoid to buy when it is shipped by UPS because:

- I had to go 3 times to their facility because they could not find my package that they attempted to deliver when I was not home.
- They charge way too much customs brokerage fees. I had a 10$ piece of equipement, which I had to pay something like 2/ in duties, with 30$ brokerage fees from UPS. I even once had brokerage fees to pay even if the item was duty free.

Never had such an experience with packages coming from USPS

Glad it showed up in the system, sounds like it was misdiverted to LAX.  I bet it's headed to JFK.  Postal service usually takes 3 days to go from Chicago to NY, then it will go into a bin.  When the bin is filled it will go on to Europe, then Turkey.  Funny that the USPS sent it to the wrong side of the continent.

Parenthetically, driving to JFK is the most stressful in the world.

I'm curious to who sent the reply. Was that someone from Warmoth? If the tracking doesn't update for 15 days, Warmoth can start an investigation with USPS. Once the investigation is concluded by USPS, the package is either found or declared lost. If declared Lost by USPS, Warmoth will remake the order.

In March, USPS was re-indexing all of their shipping software/routes due to Russia/Ukraine being blocked for shipments. During that time all international packages were routed through the port in LA for some reason. I'm sure this has added to delays and lost packages.

Finally the package arrived in Turkey via Poland yesterday. The reason for being stressed; As of May 1, 2022, taxes have been increased in Turkey to all countries of the world except Europe. Increased from 20% to 30%. moreover, the limit has been reduced from 1500 euros to 150 euros. For products over 150 euros, it is now necessary to hire a customs officer and an extra 20% additional tax may be added at the discretion of the customs officer.

Damn all systems 😡 long live music long live rock :party07: :headbanging: :yourock:

Back