Warmoth preview

pirate

Wasn't there a way to bring up a preview image of your build on the Warmoth site? I want to mix and match necks and hardware with body, but can't seem to find how/where you get an assembled image?

I always thought it only worked on the more popular models like teles, but not on the lesser models like vips.  I think that's just the way it is.

Well I'm doing it with a tele body, but no luck seeing a button to preview, or I'm missing something

Just checked and it worked for me.  Maybe call Warmoth tech support? :dontknow:

Will do. Where is the link/button for it? At what point does it appear?

At the top of the web page there's a number in Washington State, and when you call you press the button to speak with someone.

If you're doing a custom build in the builder, the more popular body styles will allow you to configure with pickup routs, body contours, color, unique choice top, and so on.  Notably, the Hybrid Tele and Hybrid Strat do not provide this functionality.

In the showcase, many - but not all - bodies will allow you to use the "Picture It" doodad above the customizer for pickup routs, etc., to show the body with various hardware and pickguard and fretboard combinations.  The "Picture It" feature does not allow you to change color on unfinished bodies.  This is also unavailable for certain body styles.

The visual builder, where available, only shows the body and components, not necks. Pirate has probably seen the 'picture it' option, which is available for the some of the more popular showcase bodies and gives simple visualisation options with example necks/pickups etc.

Fat Pete said:
The visual builder, where available, only shows the body and components, not necks. Pirate has probably seen the 'picture it' option, which is available for the some of the more popular showcase bodies and gives simple visualisation options with example necks/pickups etc.

I'm thinking this is it, thanks!

TonyFlyingSquirrel said:
Seems odd that someone hasn't developed an app for this yet, whether or not it is Warmoth related.

Here is one from Frown one of the forum members.

https://frownonline.co.uk/virtual-guitar-builder/

Fat Pete said:

I don't think there was ever a preview of both the body and neck, but there definitely used to be a preview for some custom necks. I built a Jazzmaster a couple of years ago, and I absolutely used the neck preview to choose bindings and inlays etc. It doesn't seem to be there anymore.

elliptic said:
Fat Pete said:

I don't think there was ever a preview of both the body and neck, but there definitely used to be a preview for some custom necks. I built a Jazzmaster a couple of years ago, and I absolutely used the neck preview to choose bindings and inlays etc. It doesn't seem to be there anymore.

Welcome to the forum.

There also was not a visualiser for necks to the degree described. You can visualise at the time of writing what inlays and so forth look like. When choosing options in build to order these are also visible in pop out type windows when clicking ? for the option.

https://www.warmoth.com/Guitar/Necks/Inlays

I sometimes have difficulty getting the picture my guitar feature to work. It is usually the pickup types I ordered. So I find if I lie to it and tell it all single coils then it will work and in the picture my guitar I can then choice the right pickups and neck fret board type.

Back