Warmoth Picture of the day

All Lacewood Bodies. More dye experimenting. These ought to be incredible when they're done!

Arron, the man the myth, the guy that assembles the orders for final inspection and shipping. (He is also a great guitar player).  :icon_thumright:

I thought y'all weren't doin' too many carved top bodies w/ Quilt Maple tops these days.....makes I'm glad I haven't ordered my Les Paul just yet. I was about to pull the trigger & go for a 5 A Flame Maple top.

Any chance of gettin' a shot of my Soloist?  :dontknow:

lol j/k

I'm not a huge fan of the shape, but the finish on that head stock looks incredible!

I thought you guys couldn't do carved tops in quilt anymore?  When I placed my custom order I was told you didn't have the wood, or the tooling to cut carved quilt tops. 

Looks like you guys are having far too much fun with all that nice stuff. Stop posting this kind of material before some of us start shipping ourselves to Puyallup by UPS.

those lp are flat tops, an beautiful at that!

there is something about a flat top with a binding, especially with some interesting wood to look at and bright dye's if that wood should happen to be maple. with the vw gone i may have to get a flat top lp, of a rear routed tele, in dyed quilt maple one of these days.

Gregg said:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!
But they told me they didn't have enough quilt maple to make me a VIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And this blue is what I would made except in VIP!!!!
You peeeeoooooopleeeee!!!!! :)

Yeah, i called about a quilt maple carved top soloist. Said no. :sad1: You would lie....to me? That black les paul is dead sexy.

Those are double-lam quilt tops. Click on the DL in front of the Quilt Maple description as in here:

http://www.warmoth.com/showcase/sc_guitar_bodies.cfm?type=guitar&start=1&itemNumber=LPCP107&menuItem=4&subMenuItem=0&subMenuItem2=0

Any other Quilt Maple Carved Tops you see are old bodies that were made a while back and we're just finally getting around to finishing, or we had a thick top show up unexpectantly and made something out of it. In any case, the thick Quilt Maple tops are somthing we just aren't keeping a stock of.

Is the double lam a standard option?  A new option?  Thats the first I have heard of it. 

We haven't made it available to order for a build yet since we wanted to get the programming done for the other carved top bodies. They've just been in the LP's Showcase section. Right now, there are other programming priorities so maybe we can at least make the double-lam available for the "to build" orders for LP Carved Top bodies. I'll look into it and see if I can make that happen.

chuck7 said:
DiMitriR33 said:
those lp are flat tops, an beautiful at that!

The black dyed one isn't.
Gregg said:
Those are double-lam quilt tops. Click on the DL in front of the Quilt Maple description as in here:

http://www.warmoth.com/showcase/sc_guitar_bodies.cfm?type=guitar&start=1&itemNumber=LPCP107&menuItem=4&subMenuItem=0&subMenuItem2=0

Any other Quilt Maple Carved Tops you see are old bodies that were made a while back and we're just finally getting around to finishing, or we had a thick top show up unexpectantly and made something out of it. In any case, the thick Quilt Maple tops are somthing we just aren't keeping a stock of.

ok i stand corrected. i thought of the black one as more of a flame, but in any case i guess they are doing carved quilt tops in a sence.

Wow, those three LPs look amazing.
And that one you linked to in the showcase too...
Man I wish I was rich!

Wow, I'm really glad I got my quilt carved top soloist in.  Looks like if i waited much longer i would have been out of luck.

Back