Warmoth Nonsense Tele!!!!!!!!!!

grats on finaly getting it together dude! :headbang:

Yes, the fatback contour is REALLY fat. I want to have mine properly set up and play it for a long time before I go and have it sanded down.

Brian

Tele looks beautiful and I'm sure it sounds the same, spalted maple rocks :icon_thumright:

I'm also interested in the discussion about the trussrod depth. I have fat necks in all my W's and sometimes I think about sanding it off a little but I'm scared to do it. Also I don't know if I can do what I want to do. I like that the neck is fat in the first frets where I play cords but I want to sand it off a little from the 5th fret and lower. This is something I have never seen on necks. Guitar necks fattens as they go down not up... :icon_scratch:

riverbluff said:
Looks awesome!  How do you like the Piledriver set?  I'm very happy with the set in mine.

Played only once thru amp and it's wiring is messed, but hey it didn't sound that single-weak at ANYWAY!

As you said, you can play really heavy rock on it...  :eek:

I like that the neck is fat in the first frets where I play cords but I want to sand it off a little from the 5th fret and lower. This is something I have never seen on necks. Guitar necks fattens as they go down not up...

Jimmy Page's famous Les Paul had the neck shaved in the middle and fatter at the top and bottom. I had read that he did it himself, but here's a contrary blurb:

http://www.gibson.com/Press/custom/pr/customjimmy1.html

Since it comes from Gibson, it may be true.... :laughing3: I'll bet if you do som obsessive/compulsive googling around "Jimmy Page Les Paul Shaved Neck" etc. you can get a lot more details.

Useless fact of the day that pretty much everyone knows, but I'll say it anyway........

The solo on Stairway to Heaven, was played on a Telecaster!

Wow! That's really nice Nonsense. If it weren't for the pics I wouldn't believe it existed. :laughing7:

That's a great combo. I think the spalt on alder was a great choice.

Woo Hoo!

Thanks Tonar!  :hello2:

Jim, yes I know, but this thing is really not like a single coil... perhaps like a P90, don't know, it's very impressive... Not your uncle's Tele  :toothy12:]

EDIT: I think you can play Motörhead with this pickup, without sound weird hehehehe

:hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2:

Great job, Fernando.  Glad to see it's done!

:headbang1: :headbang1: :headbang1:

Hello!
Very nice telecaster, indeed!
Not just the spalted maple, but the neck-wood you picked, is just as nice.

Like you, I like my necks with no finish (if possible).
Here is my favourite tool for final neck-touch, and also for maintenance.

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Finishing_supplies/Abrasives,_polishes,_buffers/3M_Flexible_Polishing_Papers.html

Ivar

Hey Ivar, thanks for the tip, will buy it as soon as possible, the dollar is a little expensive now :(

Rob, not sure yet, but if I carve the neck, will be done to 24mm, not that thin... I've build a guitar so I have some idea of what to do and I have some friends luthiers, any doubt I will ask them before do anything... :)

Wow!

That is absolutely gorgeous!  I have to believe that the wenge neck has to feel smoother than a freshly-shaven ladies' leg.

Just to share information!
Had been a hell to make the wiring of the 4 way switch on the Tele, tried with the luthier friend of me and today about 6h with my dad (30+ electronic technitian), so we find out this: the same problem with the potentiometer... The thickness of the wood from the top to the control cavity is big, so needs the potentiometers that Warmoth sell and the 4 way switch will need a little enlargment on the hole, the edges were bloking the switch to make full contact on one side of switch...

Will make it tomorrow and tell how it ended...
cheers!

Back