Warmoth Necks

pwrmac7600

Is there any way that Warmoth marks their necks as to what the neck profile is? I know they usually mark the radius and the fret size. Curious because I saw a neck for sale on reverb that looks like it might be what I want but the seller doesn't know what the neck profile is because he purchase the warmoth build used.

All of my necks have a stamp on the heal. For instance, my 59 Roundback has a "59" stamp. Also, on all of my necks the radius is stamped and the nut width and fret type and size are hand written. I know the SRV, Clapton, and Wolfgang are stamped too. I don't know about the others, and when it doubt I'd ask for measurements at the 1st and 12 frets. Also, I have no idea how necks were marked 5+ years ago.

My first neck has a “10-16” stamped into the inside of the heel along with the inventory ID written in ink. I sprayed a light coat of shellac to preserve it and took a photo just in case.  So I would imagine that you could email a Warmoth and ask if you have that.

All necks EXCEPT Standard Thin, Boatneck, and Fatback are marked at the heel.

Ric Moore said:
My first neck has a “10-16” stamped into the inside of the heel along with the inventory ID written in ink. I sprayed a light coat of shellac to preserve it and took a photo just in case.  So I would imagine that you could email a Warmoth and ask if you have that.

Off-topic, but that's a fantastic idea.  I'll need to remember that.

pwrmac7600 said:
Wolff05 said:
All necks EXCEPT Standard Thin, Boatneck, and Fatback are marked at the heel.
so if it is not marked it could be either of the three....

Yes, that's right. The profiles are so radically different there's no way you could confuse a Standard Thin with either a Boatneck or Fatback. The seller should be able to identify this very quickly.

Also depends on how old it is.  If it's vintage Warmoth, it may not be marked with the profile.

Back