Warmoth neck on Jackson body?

I don't know what a "dinky" is, but my understanding is a lot of those guitars had super-thin necks that made some people uncomfortable playing them for extended periods of time. I think they also used a lotta Floyds, or Floyd copies, which I know are a pain in the shorts.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Jackson-JS32RT-Dinky-Electric-Guitar-H75915-i2003297.gc
I had this, white with a licensed floyd copy. Terrible. Pretty sure the neck pocket was standard, though.

Cagey said:
I share your lack of fascination with the pointy parts. They just look juvenile to me, like something KISS might play for the prepubescent crowd.

Just buy the neck of doom, and if you can't make it work, then you'll have a serious excuse to buy the body you've always wanted. Snatch the hardware off the flasher, and you're all set. Toss the leftover wood parts in the fireplace, or put them on eBay like everybody else does.

Yeah, this was the guitar I got when I was 18 so I definitely agree with you there. I've pretty much left the metal/shredder type of music and these days I'm into blues. I have a Fender Am Standard which is my main guitar right now and I'm starting a Warmoth build (parts on order! :blob7:). Though, I still like my Dinky body (mixed feelings on the Floyd) and wanted to update it a bit to reflect where I'm at now.

So, I guess the good news is that I do have a (non-floyd) neck for my build on the way which I could temporarily try for fit on the Jackson. I just don't want to take the stupid thing apart only to find that I'd have to put it all back together again.

It's not that big an issue. You gotta change strings once in a while, right? Wait until then, and it's only four screws to pull the neck. It's not like you need a chainfall or gaggle of beer-drinking buddies or something. Dry-fit the new part and see where you're at. You'll learn things, and you can pass that knowledge along like a Good Doobie.

I love all my Jackson's, but mine are all Japanese made, which were on par with the American made quality Jackson's of the time. These were all pre-Fender takeover too, so yes the necks are unbelievably thin and fast and I've never had any issues with cramped hands.

And for future reference Cagey, the Jackson Dinky is a Superstrat-style double-cutaway electric guitar built by Jackson Guitars. The "Dinky" is aptly named for its slightly smaller than normal (7/8) body size. :icon_thumright:

I'm a big fan of Japanese and S. Korean guitars these days. They do good work. Wasn't always true, but it is now. CNC machines don't care what country they're in.

The only time I've ever had any cramping issues is when I haven't played for a long time, and then it didn't matter what guitar I played. I suspect that the guys who complain about cramping have similar problems - not enough time in on the thing.

Back