Warmoth neck 1 3/4 Fat Back countour..I need some information

Ardie

:blob7: Good day  to all of you! Friends I need some input from ur experience.. I just recently purchased neck Maple/Indian Rosewood, 1 11/16" Nut Width, Standard thin Contour. When i receive the item I feel like a little thin for my hand, even though I don't have that big playing hand..I still prefer were i can feel the  back profile of the neck. So I decided to buy another neck with this configuration: Maple/Indian Rosewood, 1 3/4  Fat Back contour...

:sign13: Anybody can give me some idea how does it feel having this configuration 1 3/4  Fat Back contour..My playing style are from Blues and rock. When I measure my Palm its about 3.6inch across... I read some good comments about FATBACK contour.. im just contemplating to get a 1 11/16 or 1 3/4.. my guts telling me 1 3/4 is the best for me....You may want to share ur experiences if you have used this configuration.

thanks
:eek:ccasion14:

it's hard to tell how a neck is going to feel till it's installed, strung up and properly set up.

Brian

bpmorton777 said:
it's hard to tell how a neck is going to feel till it's installed, strung up and properly set up.

Brian

Thanks Brian that is a good point... im planning to do what have u said and give it a try. Since Im currently using a Ibanez with Thin wizard neck I roughly know how does it feel the Std thin contour of my Warmoth neck. Anyway anybody have some insights ot FATBACK contour and 1 3/4 it will be a great help.

i have warmoth's superwide 1 7/8" neck. it only comes in standard thin and i REALLY wished it had come in something wider. if i had known at the time that a 1 3/4" neck could come in fatback i would have gone for that. i have a fatback contour neck now, but haven't been able to test it out since i don't have a bridge yet. can't wait to though! the standard thin on a normal neck is just too thin. on a wide neck though it seems to balance out.

it's surprising (to me anyway) how much difference there is between a 1 11/16th neck and a 1 3/4 neck. I have one of each, both SRV back contour and the 1 3/4 feels much bulkier and less comfortable to me.

JaySwear said:
i have warmoth's superwide 1 7/8" neck. it only comes in standard thin and i REALLY wished it had come in something wider. if i had known at the time that a 1 3/4" neck could come in fatback i would have gone for that. i have a fatback contour neck now, but haven't been able to test it out since i don't have a bridge yet. can't wait to though! the standard thin on a normal neck is just too thin. on a wide neck though it seems to balance out.

So Jay u think the 1 11/16 with a FATBACK neck would be a good choice..Thanks for the info.. cheers!

NLD09 said:
it's surprising (to me anyway) how much difference there is between a 1 11/16th neck and a 1 3/4 neck. I have one of each, both SRV back contour and the 1 3/4 feels much bulkier and less comfortable to me.

Thanks Buddy..Yeah I do agree with u intact not much in differ about 1.59mm/2= .795mm wider but as you said its less comfortable for U.
So ur saying the 1 11/16 FATBACK is ur choice? Thanks

i have a couple of fatback 1 3/4 necks, and i wish I had known them sooner. they feel so great! they fit my hands perfectly. the 1 11/16 feels skinny compared.

Honestly your not going to know until you try the neck, but if you can get a pencil, notebook, and a pair of calipers, measuring tape, and go to your local Sam Ash, Guitar Center, etc, and record the measurements of your favorite necks, you will know the range of what's comfortable for your hands and can match those numbers up to the ones on the warmoth site.

That said, I think baseball bat necks are awesome  :blob7:

rockskate4x said:
Honestly your not going to know until you try the neck, but if you can get a pencil, notebook, and a pair of calipers, measuring tape, and go to your local Sam Ash, Guitar Center, etc, and record the measurements of your favorite necks, you will know the range of what's comfortable for your hands and can match those numbers up to the ones on the warmoth site.

That said, I think baseball bat necks are awesome  :blob7:

Thanks Rockskate for ur comments... Ive been playing for a while now I have own 3 guitar from the past.. and most of of the guitar are Ibanez with thin wizard-1 11/16 neck. When trying other guitar like Les Paul or Yamaha, you will immediately feel the difference while playing on it..That's why im curious with FATback neck, coz I kinda like the feeling of fat neck.
Just want to make sure if FATBACK contour with 1 3/4 works with others since its a very small differ from 1 11/16 before getting it from Warmoth.. its better to do ur study than be sorry later.. just my 2 cents cheers!

I have two 1 3/4" Fatback necks and they are among my favorites. I do have big hands, but a lot of people who play my guitars comment on how comfortable they are to play.

Jayswear, the Superwide is available in Thin, Boat, and Fat, or at least it was the last time I checked. My Superwide thin is the only thin neck I have, but I like it a lot.

Back